• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

kOS 7.2 released

My Strato and Alto are still on 7.1.1. I assume this means the rollout of the update is being staggered.

I called Kaleidescape Support this morning, and the gentleman with whom I spoke pushed the update to my Strato. He advised me to wait for at least an hour after he pushed it to allow time for the update to download to my system before rebooting it to initiate the update process on the Strato.

I did so and am now on 7.2.0. CinemaScape is now available as is the ability to pass lossless audio including Dolby Atmos. I am very glad to have this all working!

Last edited:
For those who were waiting for the lossless audio, how does it sound?
I am away from my house until Tuesday, so I have not yet had a chance to listen to something with lossless audio through my Strato yet. However, I previously had my Alto in the system where my Strato now is, and lossless audio (including Dolby Atmos) sounded great with it. I am expecting to be equally pleased when I get a chance to listen using the Strato.

i did some viewing last night. it sounds phenomenal. I can definitely notice a difference in the clarity of certain soundtracks.

Go to agree @naylorman32 the Strato just took on a whole new dimension sonically. Wonderfully insightful, dynamic and powerful - in equal measure. Star Wars The Force Awakens I'm certain shook the very foundations of my house. Installing an Atmos 7.2.4 set-up this week and can't wait to hear how it sounds.

7.3 for Cinema One?

I am wondering if there is some plans to have an update of kOS for Cinema One so that D700 with C1 can be used for playing catalogued BD or DVD.
kOS 7.3 for Strato will enable this feature.

One question I have not seen yet an answer: what happens when C1 is full and BD or DVD is inserted in D700/M700? Is it catalogued or is it refused?

Thanks for the tip. Called and was able to get the upgrade pushed. Sounds great on my 7.2.4 system.

I called Kaleidescape Support this morning, and the gentleman with whom I spoke pushed the update to my Strato. He advised me to wait for at least an hour after he pushed it to allow time for the update to download to my system before rebooting it to initiate the update process on the Strato.

I did so and am now on 7.2.0. CinemaScape is now available as is the ability to pass lossless audio including Dolby Atmos. I am very glad to have this all working!

Back