• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Keeping track of posts/news here

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I've received a number of emails lately that have served to remind me that the vBulletin software I use on this forum isn't always very intuitive.

Several members have asked if there's a way that they don't have to browse each forum just to find the new posts... and I've received suggestions to enable an emailed digest of news and new posts here.

The Forum software actually DOES keep track of which items you've seen, and which ones you haven't, and while it isn't obvious... you can very quickly and easily see only the newest things since your last visit.

Here's a quick tip that can save you a bunch of time here...

When you get to the home page, notice that some icons for the forum areas are colored-in, some are black-and-white. (they may ALL be color for your first time if you've never known this little trick.)

lesson1.jpg

When you enter a specific forum area, you see something similar, but in this case, the THREADS with some new posts are in BOLD. Any threads that aren't bold have nothing new for you to look at since you were last here.

lesson2.jpg

AND... as you see in the picture above, highlighted in light blue, any forum with something new to see also has a nice shortcut... a little purple "down" icon that takes you directly to the first new post in that thread. from there you can "catch up" on that topic by reading the others that follow. if you hit the end of the forum, you're caught up in that topic.

Now, with a few clicks, you can see what's new without backtracking or checking each forum. When you're done catching up, your forum home page will be "clean", showing nothing new for you to read since last visit:

lesson3.jpg

Of course, I know not everyone is like Jim and me that want to read EVERY topic here, so if there are topics with new stuff, but you don't want to read those topics, there's another handy shortcut on the home page. a link at the bottom says "Mark All Forums Read". Click this, and your forums will now be completely "caught up". Even unread posts/threads will be marked as having been read. Now next time you visit, the icons will all function right...

lesson4.jpg

Hope that saves some time and trouble for some of you who have been asking how to do this.

--josh

Please note that the above tip works ONLY if you're a registered member who is currently logged in. If you're reading as a guest, the system has no way to track what you've read or not, nor when you were last here.

For a more visual indicator: you can also tell a thread with new activity if there is a sheet of paper sticking out of the envelope in the left-most column.

Back