• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Keep original import or download timestamp after replication

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Finished replicating the content from my 3U server to a new 1U+. Process went smoothly once I figured out the right way to get the system configured properly.
The big disappointment is that it has reset the timestamp on when each movie was originally downloaded or imported, so my "New" collection now has every movie in my system instead of the actual newest ones.

We use that "New" collection to keep track of the newest movies we want to watch, so it's a big bummer to us now that it's a useless collection... we have no easy way now to find all the movies we downloaded in the last month or so.

That's the one frustration with the replication process.

Replication really was impressive - it preserves preferences, collections, scripts, favorite scenes, custom cover art, etc... but not import date/time. Seems it would be pretty easy for the system to preserve the original order of import/download and set those parameters properly on the new server as part of replication. Then, customers who need a replication process end up with their collection exactly as it was before replication. As far as I can tell, this is the only thing NOT preserved through the replication process.

Were you down to just the one 3U? Granted it's hard to keep track of everything when it gets moved around a lot, but I think all my imports are showing the original date, and none are showing as transferred in from another devise, so maybe it could be due to having other servers in the system to preserve that information.

When I replicated my last 3U to my new 1U+ in February 2019 original import dates from 2012 were preserved.
Can´t remember though if they showed up a new to the “New” collection.
6E47A066-9922-4C12-8995-310AD08FC748.jpeg

I have the same as @Kostas when I check my “Import“ tab on my 1U+ server. Also, if I change the “new movies stay In the New collection for xx Months it changes what shows up when viewing from my M700 (non-paired) player. Of course, if I view with my paired Strato I see the entire collection in the New folder - but that is a limitation when viewing from a paired system has is not repeated to replicating

My 1U+ was replicated from my 3U server earlier earlier this year.

John

Hi Josh,

I'm not sure what happened regarding your import dates. They are supposed to be preserved. It seems like something we should investigate. Would you be so kind as to drop a note to support@kaleidescape.com, describe the issue as you have done above, and mention that engineering would like the issue escalated? We have an idea what may have gone wrong, but would like to look more deeply.

Yes, I looked again and noticed that SOME movies did come with the proper import date, but a large number didn't. I'll contact Support.

Back