• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

FOR SALE: Kaleidescape TERRA SERVER 24TB. Only Six months Old !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was simply talking about if it closes for good and nobody picks it up. All it takes is a failed hard drive or two with no replacement and the servers are hosed.

You're probably right. Something will likely happen.

--Donnie

1highvelocity trying CYA

In an announcement, Kaleidescape officials stated that they closed the doors and terminated all 70+ employees. They out of funding and have ceased operations. They are looking for a buyer. That may or may not happen. Someone setting up shop to support the product may or may not happen.

The length of time 1highvelocity has been a dealer is irrelevant.

The number of systems 1highvelocity has sold is irrelevant.

I know mulitiple dealers who are calling Kaleidescape for support and cannot reach anyone there. Kaleidescape is not in limbo. It is closed. Let's be honest.

1highvelocity needs to demonstrate some integrity rather than dumping dead product on whoever will buy it.

Thankfully, the courageous Dovetail has signed up to save us from our selves. I suspect that if you are trading on this board, you are acutely aware of K situation when purchasing hardware.

Terra Server

I'm also interested in trading for a 1U,3U or a M700 or some combination???

Yetis, the grand master of sarcasm, joins others in making assumptions that may or may not be true.

I wonder if buyers trading on ebay know the truth about K and will be duped by 1highvelocity.

Terra

Wow Really !!
And what am I lying about ??
All of my adds have all the info on them I not misleading anyone!
I've been in business for over 22 years.
You don't last that long by lying and cheating your customers!

Terra Server

Here's the add tell me whats misleading about this add ??

PLEASE READ
Latest Software Version
Power Cord Will Be Supplied
No Other Parts or Accessories Included.
Shipping Cost Includes Special Handling and Packaging with Insurance

Important Note: Kaleidescape Is Either Closing Their Doors And Or Restructuring Their Business. By Purchasing This Server The Buyers Assumes All Responsibility And Understands That This Sale Is Final.
Absolutely No Refunds/Exchanges Under Any Circumstances.

Local Pick-Up OK

Kaleidescape TERRA SERVER 24TB. Only Six months Old !!!

The Kaleidescape Terra movie server was designed to store movies on an array of enterprise-quality hard drives, without compression or loss of quality. You can add Terra to any Encore system to store movies downloaded from the Kaleidescape Movie Store, and make them available to every Strato and Alto player in the system. It also improves the browsing and playback performance of every player in the system, and makes it possible to configure an Encore system with a large number of players.

Storage for up to 400 4K Ultra HD movies, 800 Blu-ray quality movies, or 3,600 DVD quality Movies

Clearly Misleading

I would be happy to tell you how you were misleading, since you asked.

In your original post at the beginning of this thread you failed to mention that K closed. You made that post the day of the announcement, along with other posts trying to dump your inventory. Did you hope for a quick sale before an unsuspecting buyer jumped in?

In your eBay post, you previously made no mention of K closing. Now you revised it to include the language you should have included from the beginning. Changing it now because you were called out on it does not demonstrate integrity.

Terra Server

Here, let me clarify for you:

When I listed my stuff for sale along with the rest of the forum community,
it was very well known that Kaleidescape had closed - it's all anyone was talking about.

As to the ad on Ebay, I don't do my own listing on Ebay. I have a service that I use to put up my items up and they maintain it.

On 8/20, Saturday afternoon, I had my Ebay guy list my Kaleidescape stuff for sale - along with a lot of others on the forum community. On the following Sunday, I saw that the ads were not listed correctly and I had them pull all of them down. On Thursday 8/25/16 I had them put back up with the corrections made to the ad as you saw above.

My ebay ads were corrected 4 days before you chimed in.

It's always my intention to be 100% forthcoming, which I have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back