• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

FOR SALE: Kaleidescape TERRA SERVER 24TB. Only Six months Old !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1highvelocity

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
PLEASE READ
Excellent Working Condition.
Recently Upgraded With the Latest Software Version
Power Cord Will Be Supplied
No Other Parts or Accessories Included.
Shipping Cost Includes Special Handling and Packaging with Insurance
Note: ( WARRANTY STATIS SOL! ) This Unit was in WARRANTY till 7/23/2019!!!!

Storage for up to 400 4K Ultra
HD movies, 800 Blu-ray quality
movies, or 3,600 DVD quality Movies

Asking $ 3,999.99

I'm also interested in trading for a 1U,3U or a M700 or some combination???

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Terra Server

This is still available !!
Better grab it while you can!
My loss is your gain :)

I know :-( but i would rather want to buy a Strato.
So the Terra is not my interest any more, sorry.
But Strato & Alto is what i want to buy.

PLEASE READ
Excellent Working Condition.
Recently Upgraded With the Latest Software Version
Power Cord Will Be Supplied
No Other Parts or Accessories Included.
Shipping Cost Includes Special Handling and Packaging with Insurance
Note: ( WARRANTY STATIS SOL! ) This Unit was in WARRANTY till 7/23/2019!!!!

Storage for up to 400 4K Ultra
HD movies, 800 Blu-ray quality
movies, or 3,600 DVD quality Movies

Asking $ 3,999.99

Can Terra work along with a 3U ? My interest is only 1080p movies pulling movies out to M300 players connected to the 3U (can it coexist?)

Terra Server

No Sorry :(
You can only use the Terra Server with the Strato & Alto players
Now if you have a Alto player,Strato player and a vault and the Terra Server
Then you could download all of your 4K,HD & SD Content Terra server and that
would free up a lot of space on your 3U
Then you could add more Blurays to the vault and then you would have the best of both worlds.

No Sorry :(
You can only use the Terra Server with the Strato & Alto players
Now if you have a Alto player,Strato player and a vault and the Terra Server
Then you could download all of your 4K,HD & SD Content Terra server and that
would free up a lot of space on your 3U
Then you could add more Blurays to the vault and then you would have the best of both worlds.

I am just looking to expand my 3U space as I have run out of place (although have 5 open slots in the 3U).
I will be only using the K Escape for 1080P (no UHD)
Maybe I should look for a 1U server like you had with 6TB drives

Sorry for keep asking questions. But.
How exactly do the Terra Works with Strato?
Is it through my internet by my Cat7 cables?

And if so, how much download/upload speed do i need?

Terra Server

It works the same exact way your 3U system does.
Just with a Cat-5 or Cat-6 cable.
Just make sure you use a Gigabit Switch to connect it all for the best results.
Download speed only has to do with the movies that you download from the Kaleidescape store.
The faster the speed the faster it will download.
But once it is on your server download speed wont matter because it's already on the hard drives.

Hmmm...

Now it be quite interesting to buy a Strato.!!!

But first, what is a 3U server? I only have Strato with 6-TB. And it is connected with cat7 to my router. (If that's what you call it in English)
And what is Gigabit Switch?

Terra Server

Oh I'm sorry I thought you were someone else.
It would work the same way as above but now you would just plug the Terra Server into your router as you did with your Strato and now as you add Strato's or Alto players you have a lot more storage and faster processor speed in the Terra Server to run them all.

well... I'm Sold
But, 3999 is right now and with the situation just at little bit to much for me.
I'll be back as Arnold would say.!!

Possible interest in your server

I have 2 Altos and a DV700 and am interested in your Terra server. Please PM me so we can discuss further.

Thank you,

~JC

Now that Kaleidescape is closed, how will support be handled?

K isn't closed. It's in limbo, but it isn't closed. If it closes for good, there won't be any. If it stays open, there will be support. Will it be as good as before? Hard to say, but my bet is it is at least close if not as good.

It seems very likely it will remain open. The gamble is that if it doesn't, well, these things ALL turn to boat anchors in fairly short order.

--Donnie

Terra

I wouldn't go that far.
I have been a KASCAPE dealer for over 12 years
I still have well ove 2 dozen clients with 5U systems that are still working.
This stuff is built like a tank that's part of the reason it cost so much.
If they do closed down for good there's way to many systems out there not to be supported.
I'm sure someone will step up and have solutions for this customer base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back