• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape Store Sales Growth

Mr.Poindexter

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
In a fit of boredom, I ran numbers on the average quarterly sales in the Kaleidescape store. These are not official stats from Kaleidescape and are only a tally of numbers of orders and do not take into account revenue, profit or size of order.

To accomplish this, I simply ran a list of all my orders I have placed and looked at receipt numbers and dates to determine how many orders have been placed over a certain number of days. As I didn't place orders at the very end/beginning of each period, not each period was exactly 3 months, so I adjusted for this by getting average sales numbers per day in the period as close as I could get.

The first table shows the average numbers of orders per quarter each year. Q1 of 2016 is still not finished but I put up where we stand as of today. That number could go up or down depending on how sales are over the next 1.5 months.

The second table shows the growth or shrink compared to the same quarter of the prior year.

Average Daily Orders
2013 2014 2015 2016
Q1 0 139.7 224.1 238.4
Q2 68.6 83.3 149.7
Q3 18.9 99.2 161.6
Q4 149.8 210.8 185.4

Average Daily Orders Growth (Quarterly)
2013 2014 2015 2016
Q1 N/A N/A 60% 6%
Q2 N/A 21% 80%
Q3 N/A 425% 63%
Q4 N/A 41% -12%

Only one quarter has even seen a drop compared to the prior year and that was Q4 of 2015. I believe that is largely because of the Cyber Monday sale being far less impressive than the prior year sales. (The 2013 one with WB was just INSANE!!)

The tables won't format well. If somebody has a good hint on how to format them better, it would be greatly appreciated. I will update this each quarter I have new data.

One thing that would really allow the store to grow at a faster rate would be to offer pricing that matches Blu Ray pricing from stores like Amazon. There is a big disparity in pricing for a lot of titles. I am inclined to purchase the discs and redeem via UV or disc to digital.

One thing that would really allow the store to grow at a faster rate would be to offer pricing that matches Blu Ray pricing from stores like Amazon. There is a big disparity in pricing for a lot of titles. I am inclined to purchase the discs and redeem via UV or disc to digital.

Agreed. Any time I look to purchase a movie now, I compare the 2 in price, and it looks like the disc version is always cheaper. A price match or some sort of buy X get X% off your total would be really cool. It would entice me to just go all digital through the store.

Based on some previous comments, I don't think the pricing is largely up to K on this. I'd have to find the post, but it didn't sound like K makes much at all on these downloads, so there might not be much margin to work with. Also, keep in mind that if you buy from Vudu, for example, at $17.99, and the Store is $19.99, that they'll end up being almost exactly the same after Vudu applies taxes, so in those cases, I buy from K because I want to support the Store. It's worth the few extra cents at that point. I've even found that to be true with locally available BD from Wal-Mart in their cutout bin. They are typically $7.99, and the same movie in the K Store is almost always $9.99, but again, taxes make up part of the gap, though obviously not as much.

Hmmmm. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I didn't. Either way, I prefer to support K and the Store if the prices are close, but I should look into that further.

Nope, just checked, and no taxes on my latest receipts. Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

Nope, just checked, and no taxes on my latest receipts. Shhh. Don't tell anyone.

Ooohhhh, states love going after businesses, because less political blow-back than making ordinary people pay the taxes they are already liable for... their testing facilities are probably why Texas gets dinged.

Glad digital delivery is nontaxable here.

Back