• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape Store release dates?

Alexan07

Is there a reason most of the pre-release orders dont have a date for download? Does anyone have a list of movies and when they will come out for KScape?

I use iTunes release dates for new releases, been on the money for the last 3 years. 4K updates to previously released movies are on Blu-ray.com.

Blu-ray.com can also be used for digital releases- just look under MA or UV tab then go to Release Calendar.

John

I use iTunes release dates for new releases, been on the money for the last 3 years. 4K updates to previously released movies are on Blu-ray.com.

Interesting. Why not put that in the Kscape store UI? Can I trust Solo is coming this Friday?

so iTunes has Solo as "Pre-Order: Expected Sep 14, 2018" but the 4K blu-ray list says September 25th. Which one is correct?

Thanks!

so iTunes has Solo as "Pre-Order: Expected Sep 14, 2018" but the 4K blu-ray list says September 25th. Which one is correct?

Thanks!

The disc will be released on Sept. 25, while the digital version will be released on Friday, Sept. 14 - so I expect it to show up in the store very early Friday morning. But I have been wrong before......

John

As if on cue, I got this email! :D

Dear Alexander,

Your pre-ordered title, Solo: A Star Wars Story, will be released on September 14th, 2018. It has been added to the download queue of SF 4K early so that it can be ready to play on release day. The title will not appear in your onscreen display until its official release day.

Sincerely,

The Kaleidescape Team

We've been pretty conservative about not putting expected release dates on the Movie Store until we're dead certain of what they will be (i.e., all the assets have been through our quality assurance process and are ready to go). That means that the expected release dates are often not updated until shortly before the release.

I'm interested in your thoughts on this. Given that these are presented as an "Expected" release date, how would you feel if we occasionally missed that target date? Would you expect an email to let you know (or a notification in the new iPhone app)?

I think a release schedule that would say "expected 10/2/18" in on the Download page or in the iOS app would be very helpful so users can plan movie nights. Once date is certain just change it to "confirmed 10/2/18" maybe with different color.

Thanks!

Noticed that next weeks’s releases that were on pre-order have fully downloaded(download completed and not paused) but are not showing up. As per email notification that I received “The title will not appear in your onscreen display until its official release day.”

This would be a nice change to have pre-orders 100% downloaded and only needing authorization on day-of-release if this is how it is done going forward.

John

I can confirm that this is indeed new behavior!

We've been wanting to clean up the user experience for downloading pre-orders for quite awhile. Now, instead of pausing the download at ~99% until the release date, the movie will be fully downloaded to the system, but kOS will keep it hidden in the user interface until the release date arrives and playback becomes authorized.

Note that your system does need to have Internet connectivity for that playback authorization to happen -- it's issued from our headend upon release.

You can see movies that have been downloaded but not yet authorized in your system's History or Import page in the browser interface. They will show with a status of "Awaiting playback authorization".

Systems with 10.4/8.4 or later include this support.

Cool! Great idea. (Need a like button for these type of things :a)

Mike, thanks for confirming that this Is a permanent change going forward. I like this.

John

Some of the pre-orders used to have “Projected Release” dates. I liked having these and it didn’t bother me one bit if a date slipped or even disappeared.

I liked it so much I even started a tread to track:

http://www.kscapeowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2505

John

Just want to say I love having the expected release dates on pre-orders in addition to the pre-orders downloading prior to the release date. Thank you Kaleidescape!

John

Back