• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape Mobile App -- now for iPad!

So, it’s not showing any of the movies that I purchased/downloaded with the 25-4K movie promo, or the other majority of 4K/hdr movies in my account that are from UV.

Is your TV on with the Strato selected as the current source? Do you see those movies in the onscreen display?

If your TV or other equipment is not turned on, so that the Strato is not seeing valid EDID information from the display, it may think that some of that content is unplayable, and if it thinks that, it filters it out from the onscreen display. Since the app displays the same content list that is shown in the onscreen display, that could account for the disparity. The same would be true if you set the parental controls to only show, say, PG and below.

I just checked this on my system and I believe I’m experiencing the same symptom. On the “movies” screen of the Second Screen app I show “All Movies” for an applicable zone with a quantity of 72 titles. However I have and state 187 movies on the “system” screen for the same applicable checked zone. This zone includes Strato’s w/Storage, Strato-C, Alto’s and a Terra Server. This zone contains a majority of 4K with some 1080P titles.

Interestingly enough if I select the Strato-C (no Storage) in this same zone, it shows and displays the cover art for all 187 movies matching the “system” screen.

If I switch to another zone with just a single Alto, the “movies” and “system” screens both accurately reflect the correct 42 title count.

Q: Within a named zone containing multiple storage enabled players, does the app “movie” screen only show movie cover art for that applicable player vs. the Strato-C with no local storage will show all movies across all players/servers with that designated zone?

One additional data-point, currently the Strato-C is the only player within this zone physically connected to a display. The other Alto’s, Strato’s plus the Terra Server within this zone are just rack mounted.

Whatever gremlins were happening behind the scenes, I just opened up the app tonight and it now shows the ‘all movies’ as (52) as at least that showed up in the system amounts.

A “zone” is a single player. As mentioned above, if a player can’t get an accurate EDID from a connected display, it may filter some of the content. That sounds like what’s happening in your case if you select players (zones) that are not connected to a display. Just select the player you’re actually watching.

Back