• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape 'Lock Screen' view on Apple Devices

tov5005

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
I noticed a few weeks ago while using the Kaleidescape app remote on my iPhone that when the screen went to sleep, the Lock Screen displayed a really cool view of the cover art for the movie playing as well as dynamically adjusting the background color to match the cover art's theme. See some examples below:

IMG_7903.JPG

However, I haven't been able to replicate it since. Now when the phone screen sleeps, the Lock Screen displays a simple playing bar like below. Same thing on iPad. Does anyone know what controls this and how to achieve the view shown in the images above?

IMG_7873.jpg

Nevermind! Very Simple. If the smaller play bar is showing, you tap on the cover art to get back to the full view. I'll leave this thread up in case anyone runs into the same thing...

Unfortunately, iPad doesn't appear to allow the full cover art view as of yet. Tapping the cover art just prompts for passcode.

I noticed a few weeks ago while using the Kaleidescape app remote on my iPhone that when the screen went to sleep, the Lock Screen displayed a really cool view of the cover art for the movie playing as well as dynamically adjusting the background color to match the cover art's theme. See some examples below:

View attachment 3940

However, I haven't been able to replicate it since. Now when the phone screen sleeps, the Lock Screen displays a simple playing bar like below. Same thing on iPad. Does anyone know what controls this and how to achieve the view shown in the images above?

View attachment 3943
Curious how you got Midsommar Director’s Cut and Apocalypse Now. These aren’t available on K. Two films I would buy on K if available.

Midsommar is custom cover art I uploaded over the Midsommar regular edition on the store. I own the Director’s Cut disc direct from A24 so wanted to indicate that/remind myself when I see it in the interface.

Apocalypse Now used to be available on the store.. Must be going through a licensing change.

Midsommar is custom cover art I uploaded over the Midsommar regular edition on the store. I own the Director’s Cut disc direct from A24 so wanted to indicate that/remind myself when I see it in the interface.

Apocalypse Now used to be available on the store.. Must be going through a licensing change.
Cool! Still hoping Midsommar Director’s Cut comes to K soon.

Curious how you got Midsommar Director’s Cut and Apocalypse Now. These aren’t available on K. Two films I would buy on K if available.
I have Apocalypse Now on K, it does appear that there's something going on with the license as it's not available on any platform not just K.

This is what shows on Vudu

1689500177553.png

Back