• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape conductor problems

sshearer

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I am having problems with Kaleidescape conductor no longer copying music to iTunes. I have recently added a lot of music albums to my Kaleidescape system. I have Kaleidescape conductor running on my Windows 10 PC. However, the new albums are not being copied to iTunes. If I open Kaleidescape Conductor, the first paragraph states that "The music on your computer is up to date with your Kaleidescape System. Changes to your Kaleidescape music library will be automatically copied to your computer." However the second paragraph states "Either iTunes is not installed, or the version that's installed is too old. If you wish to copy our Kaleidescape music to iTunes, please install the latest version from www.itunes.com."

I do have the latest version of iTunes installed (version 12.7). iTunes is telling me this is the current version.

I have a number of mix albums in Kaleidescape and have added some new albums to one of the mix albums. The mix album on iTunes shows up but it only contains 162 songs, while the mix album on the Kaleidescape contains 256 songs. I did recently add a co-star switch to my Kaleidescape system and realize I cannot listen to music on a paired Premiere-Encore system, but would adding that switch prevent Kaleidescape Conductor from copying music to iTunes?

Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.

Scott Shearer

I have the same problem, already reported it to Kaleidescape. I assume it is the new iTunes version (12.7), before that it was working properly. Unfortunately I couldn't switch to an older iTunes version, so I think they must have changes something.

Let you know as soon as I hear something from KD.

Gunther

I have the same problem, already reported it to Kaleidescape. I assume it is the new iTunes version (12.7), before that it was working properly. Unfortunately I couldn't switch to an older iTunes version, so I think they must have changes something.

Let you know as soon as I hear something from KD.

Gunther

Thanks Gunther. I will let you and others know also if I learn anything.

Scott

Thanks Gunther. I will let you and others know also if I learn anything.

Scott

Apple has released a version of iTunes that is a step back (12.6.3) from the current version (12.7) and is aimed toward certain business applications that still need access to app downloads through iTunes.

Here is the link: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208079

I am wondering if this version might retain some of the compatibility needed for Conductor.

Regards,

Wayne

Apple has released a version of iTunes that is a step back (12.6.3) from the current version (12.7) and is aimed toward certain business applications that still need access to app downloads through iTunes.

Here is the link: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208079

I am wondering if this version might retain some of the compatibility needed for Conductor.

Regards,

Wayne

Wayne,

Thank you for this information. I did download this version of iTunes. I removed the version 12.7 from my computer and then installed this version 12.6.3. At first I could not load the new version because I received a message that the file "iTunes Library.itl" was from a new version of iTunes. I was finally able to get everything working by deleting the file "iTunes Library.itl" from the C:\users\Scott\Music|iTunes directory and then restarting the "new" version 12.6.3. After a little while all the music files from my Kaleidescape music selection appeared in iTunes. For some reason, there was one song that couldn't download to iTunes because "an error occurred".

I did run into one other issue though. There seemed to be quite a few duplicates on the iTunes mix albums. I deleted the duplicates on this mix album in iTunes. I need to go through the rest of my mix albums on iTunes and see if there are duplicates there also.

Scott Shearer

Hi,

worked for me as well, fortunately without the duplicate files issue hat Scott described.

Thank you very much for this hint!

Gunther

New problems. first it would not copy songs into I tunes but with the advice above I reloaded a older version of i tunes and it worked. But now the conductor is unlit and the message is Kaleidescape Conductor cannot contact your Kaleidescape system. ???? But I can get into everything else and see my imports and components??? Any thoughts?? It is not a internet issue because I can get into everything through my computer

Hello all. Apple has released iTunes version 12.7.4, which fixed a bug that was preventing Conductor from syncing music to iTunes.

Nice, thanks Mike!

Jim

Back