• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Kaleidescape Conductor cant find system?

Hi guys im getting the attached message after downloading Kaleidescape Condutor. Can you help? I can access the user and installer browsers perfectly? THanks

Attachments

• fault screenshot.jpg
    fault screenshot.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 9
That's really odd. Are the PC you're getting this on, and the Kaleidescape server on the same subnet?

Is your server on DHCP or a hardcoded IP address? If it's the latter, try typing that IP address into a browser, like: "HTTP://192.168.1.80" or whatever your IP address of your main K server is... do you get the login screen? If so, that PC can see the server, so it's not clear why Conductor software isn't seeing it (or discovering it with its polling).

I had that happen once but it was when I had Conductor installed and then I switched to a new 3U server so I uninstalled conductor, downloaded it from the new server, installed it and it works like a champ now.

Hi Guys. Thanks for the feed back!! Good news i was able to get Kscape conductor working. Simply hardwired a connection to one of our switches and then gave myself the IP 192.168.1.200 and boom it connected. My remote IT support guy and I tried to hook it up through wireless but it isnt working. We believe it to be a UDP error of some sort but not worth the time and money at this stage. So i was able to sync between Kscape and Itunes but............problems. After waiting more than three days for the cogs and wheels in the server to complete the sync it still hadn't copied all the songs/albums over. It was incredibly frustrating to find missing albums on my Itunes and then having to deal with Itunes continually looking for artwork and connecting with the IStore freezing my PC multiple times. I really enjoy Kaleidescape but i cannot understand why the movement of movie and music data is such a mission. Surely with todays technology the peformance of this sytem can be improved. i.e. being able to down load music from Itunes for KScape? Is there a way to do this? And having to load movies individually off CD!!! My word!!! Even if you have a bulk reader it just seems a little backward. Please feel free to shut me down if im wrong and if this has anything to do with the Kscape court cases but i would love to know whats up. Anyway i have two more questions. Is there a way to change the artwork for unknown albums? I have a couple Italian albums that are not recognised by the server. How long should i wait after entering the UTC code to see if the album is recognised? And will the album be moved out of the unrecognised album list upon correct identification? Thanks for the help guys!! Really appreciate it!! (ps. i did have the sync all albums check box ticked).

I will chime in on some of these issues:

First, when you allow people to import movies from something other than a disc, you will have people import rips and other stuff. It will happen and those not only will often be lower quality, they won't have the bookmarking and it would be unfair to expect Kaleidescape to bookmark people's collections of non-disc based titles for movies. That would directly impact the impressive nature of the Kaleidescape system.

With regards to moving data from iTunes into a Kaleidescape, doesn't that require Apple to allow that transfer? If so, are they willing to do that? I don't think iTunes will sync with a non-Apple mp3 player, will it?

Back