• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

SOLD: K5000 3U Server

flitebynite

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I am selling a grandfathered server from my personal system.
S/N: 000 002301C7
I replaced the power supply and all of the internal fans about a year or so ago.
It operates and functions like new.
There are four (4) 4TB drives and one (1) 6TB drive. Unless I am mistaken, the 6TB is still under warranty due to it being just over a year old.
Currently, there is approximately 12 terabytes of usable storage space but with a total of 14 slots available for hard drives, there is a lot of room for expansion.
Very well maintained from a smoke free home.
I can provide more information, pictures or video if interested. PM me if you have any questions.
I have a new, original shipping container I just received from K to ensure a safe transport to the new owner.
I am asking $2500 + shipping +PayPal fees if applicable.

Thank you,

Chris
20230218_103411.jpg20230218_103309.jpg20230218_102119.jpg20230218_102032.jpg20230218_102041.jpg20230218_102412.jpg20230218_102343.jpg

Last edited:
Chris is a reliable and trustworthy Seller, you will have no problems purchasing from him.

Note: after I endorsed a previous sale for a different Seller, I was asked if I charge a fee for my endorsement by someone new to the Forum. As I told him, and am now posting here, the answer is "NO," I do not charge a fee, and would never accept a fee from anyone selling on our Forum for endorsing their sale. To be clear, I only endorse those Sellers that I have reason to believe are trustworthy and safe to deal with in a Marketplace transaction. I usually only do this when I have personal contact with the Seller, they've been with the Forum for an extended period of time, and all of my previous dealings with the Seller lead me to believe they are trustworthy. That said, the lack of an endorsement from me DOES NOT MEAN THE SELLER MAY BE UNTRUSTWORTHY, we have many, many trustworthy Members, that I may not have endorsed for a number of reasons, mostly because being busy I may not have taken the time to post my comment. Please keep that in mind when shopping in the Marketplace.

Jim

I have mine listed on Ebay. You are charging $3,000. I am charging $8,888. I should lower my price. Is your unit, like mine, grandfathered into the disc ripping capability? Curious how you came up with your pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I have mine listed on Ebay. You are charging $3,000. I am charging $8,888. I should lower my price. Is your unit, like mine, grandfathered into the disc ripping capability? Curious how you came up with your pricing.

Mine is grandfathered and is in good condition.
I think when these units were new and / or the latest greatest units, they could support the price you're asking on the secondary market. However, with the newest Terra's and Strato's with 4K capabilities available, these are falling out of favor with the greater community of home theater aficionado's.
As I stated above, without the 4K capabilities, I think my asking price is fair considering the condition. With your 36TB's of storage it might warrant a higher price (in my opinion) depending on the age of the hard drives.
Thank you for your message, and good luck.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

I purchased 2x Premiere 3U servers without any drives in the past 2 years. First one was $1500, came in fully functional condition but in less than stellar cosmetic condition. Second one was $500 and it was open old stock new. I opened it inside and there wasn't any trace of dust anywhere. I think I got really lucky on the second one so it is surely an outlier. The first server at $1500 was market value though. I have seen many empty 3U servers listed for sale around $1000-$1500 in the past 2 years.

Your 3U server has hard drives in it. That may or may not increase its value. For instance I specifically looked for an empty 3U server because I wanted to buy all new 6TB drives and max it out at 72TB. So I skipped on all 3U servers with any drives. I guess if yours also have 6TB and 4TB drives like flitebynite, it can command a premium over the $1500 I paid for the empty chassis. I see a lot of servers with 1TB and 2TB drives. They are worthless if there is any intentions to store Blu-rays discs or HD downloads. Grandfathered in status doesn't add much value in my opinion. Who watches DVDs in 2023?

I hope this helps to figure out a more attractive asking price.

Let's make a deal. I am interested in buying this if you can let me know how we can best take care of this.

Back