• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

K300 Players Not Showing up

andrej770

I have a K300 Player that is powered on and showing network activity, but is not showing up under components. Was purchased, so it could be attached to different server. How do I correct this.

I already tried this: http://my-kaleidescape/lskd.html but the component does not show up there either.

Thanks,

Last edited:
I talked to K, and they told me the static IP address 192.168.1.140 and said to telnet into the K300 and change it. I changed my PC IP address to the same sub net and could ping the IP address but not get in via telnet. Said could not open port on host. There is no RS232 port on the K300 or I'd use it. There is a reset button on the back of my M300, but none on my K300. I even changed the servers IP address to be in the same subnet (to see if it wouldsee teh K300) and tried lskd, nothing! K said it might be a failed K300, but it would seem I shouldn't be able to get to it at all if it is "failed". Argh!

try going into your router settings and looking up all of your IP addresses. You might be able to identify it there and get in that way.

I already have the IP address and can ping it. I'm just can't telnet into it to change the settings to DHCP; connection is refused on port 23. Does K use port 10000 for telnet? I know it uses port 10000 for crestron IP control.

Whenever I have used Telnet with my system, I have connected to my server and then sent commands to it that told it which player to forward the commands to. I didn't think that you could talk directly to the player but I could be wrong on this - I haven't ever tried to Telnet directly to a player.

All of my components use port 10000.

John

I already have the IP address and can ping it. I'm just can't telnet into it to change the settings to DHCP; connection is refused on port 23. Does K use port 10000 for telnet? I know it uses port 10000 for crestron IP control.

Your suspicion is correct. You need to telnet to the player on port 10000. You won't get any acknowledgement that a connection has been made but you can send a quick control protocol command to verify that you have a good connection. For example:

01/1/GET_DEVICE_INFO:

Which should give you a response similar to:

01/1/000:DEVICE_INFO:xx:XXXXXXXXXXXX:192.168.001.140:/XX

If that works then you can use GET_NETWORK_SETTINGS to see how the player's network is configured and SET_NETWORK_SETTINGS to change them. For example:

01/1/GET_NETWORK_SETTINGS:

might respond with something like:
01/1/000:NETWORK_SETTINGS:1:192.168.001.140:255.255.252.000:
192.168.001.001:010.100.000.092:010.100.000.018:/69

The key field there is the "1" in the first field after "NETWORK_SETTINGS". "1" indicates a fixed IP whereas "0" means the player is configured to use DHCP. So to switch the player to using DHCP, you could simply send:

01/1/SET_NETWORK_SETTINGS:0::::::

Or, if you want to specify the full network settings, just use:

01/1/SET_NETWORK_SETTINGS:0:<IP Address>:<Subnet Mask>:<Gateway>:<DNS 1>:<DNS 2>:

I should also point out that there actually *is* a reset button on the back of the player. It is just to the left of the analogue audio connectors.

So, I was able to successfully telnet into 192.168.1.140 on port 10000 with the command:

telnet 192.168.1.140 10000

Once in, here are the commands I issued along with the responses:

01/1/GET_DEVICE_INFO:
01/1/020:Device is in standby:/29
01/1/SET_NETWORK_SETTINGS:0::::::
01/1/020:Device is in standby:/29

I unplugged it and plugged it back in and immediately IP pinged it successfully then tried these commands trying to get them executed before it when into standby and the response is the same.

What commands can I use to get it out of standby?

That did it. I was able to change the IP address to my main subnet. It now shows up under components.

The key is ensuring you restart the device AFTER you set the IP. I reset the IP and then did the 01/1/GET_DEVICE_INFO: command and saw the same IP and was confused for a second until I re-read K's note that said "Once you have changed a component's IP address, reboot it for the changes to take effect. "

Many Thanks to Mark H. & J. Green.

Oh and J. Green, there is no reset button on the K300 I have. From reading the docs from K, that is only on the M300. I could have an older model of the K300 also that just doesn't have that. Oh and I don't have a K remote :) I use Crestron. :)

Last edited:
My mistake. I read "K300" as you typed it but mentally processed it as "M300". You are correct that the old K300 ("1080p Mini Player") does not have a network reset button. Glad you got it working, though.

As for remotes, should the need arise, if you have any old DVD remote kicking around, the power button on that should work.

Back