• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

K-Store purchases not migrating to UV library

Funky Weasel

FYI, K-Scape is aware of the issue and engineering is working on it. I did a handful of disc to digital conversions over the weekend and none of them have shown up in my UV library. They were all UV enabled, D2D eligible, non Fox titles, so none of the usual answers apply, which is why I called tech support. Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else ran across the same issue.

Thanks for sharing that FW.

Jim

Just an update on this. I have about 12 UV titles that were purchased in the K-scape store that show up in my UV locker at myuv.com, but have not migrated to any other UV based services, specifically Vudu. I have 1 UV title, Fury, that when purchased from the K-scape store, ported over to Vudu, but is not seen in my UV locker. The update I received from tech support today is that there will be K-scape store update in the next few days that should correct these issues.

The software update has been rolled out and the backlog of UV tokens are being processed. It will take another day or so for the UV rights tokens to be fully updated for everyone.

I'll keep you posted.

Does this software update address the reverse where the UV movies purchased in Vudu doesn't show up on my library page in Kscape store website? I purchased the Shrek hdx collection bundle a few months ago on Vudu which contains the four movies but they still haven't shown up in My Library on Kscape store website as purchased and downloadable.

Has anyone reported this issue?

Tam N.

Does this software update address the reverse where the UV movies purchased in Vudu doesn't show up on my library page in Kscape store website? I purchased the Shrek hdx collection bundle a few months ago on Vudu which contains the four movies but they still haven't shown up in My Library on Kscape store website as purchased and downloadable.

Hello Tam,

The "Shrek" series of movies are from Fox. Fox titles on the Kaleidescape store are not UV-enabled at this time so they are not able to be downloaded based on having a UV right to them.

John,
FYI, the only change I've seen this week was that Fury (purchased at K-scape, migrated immediately to Vudu) now shows up in my UV locker.

Hello Tam,

The "Shrek" series of movies are from Fox. Fox titles on the Kaleidescape store are not UV-enabled at this time so they are not able to be downloaded based on having a UV right to them.

John,

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize that Shrek movies were under Fox Studio in Kscape store.. Vudu have them from Dreamworks only.

Tam N.

The backlog of UV processing has completed and all lockers should be up to date.

One item of note: a number of my UV-enabled purchases from the Kaleidescape store were not showing up in my Vudu account even after the processing had finished. Unlinking my UV locker from my Vudu account and relinking it in order to force a rescan of my locker cleared that up for me.

One item of note: a number of my UV-enabled purchases from the Kaleidescape store were not showing up in my Vudu account even after the processing had finished. Unlinking my UV locker from my Vudu account and relinking it in order to force a rescan of my locker cleared that up for me.

Thanks John! I had to do the same and now all my missing UV-enabled purchases from the store are in my Vudu library.

Last edited:
I unlinked my K-scape account from my UV account both at the K-store and in the user settings page of myuv.com. I then relinked the two, but saw no changes in the Vudu library. I logged out of Vudu, logged back in, and 11of 12 missing titles were there. After a minute of panic, I've realized the last title, The Limey, is UV, but not available on Vudu.

Thanks for your efforts in getting this resolved.

Going back to the poster about Shrek, I assume this update also addresses the movies that haven't gotten UV rights in the K store yet? So Steve Jobs, Spotlight, and Legend for instance have UV rights on Vudu, but not in the K store yet. They are all from UV accepting studios as well.

Yes, I just un-linked and re-linked my UV account, and my Spotlight (NBC Universal) purchase on my K system isn't showing up as available on VUDU.

Yes, I just un-linked and re-linked my UV account, and my Spotlight (NBC Universal) purchase on my K system isn't showing up as available on VUDU.
My Vudu copy of Spotlight has not shown up in the K-store. This is likely an issue with Spotlight, and not the UV titles migrating to UV but not Vudu.

Back