• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

K-Scape being controlled ?

AllThingsTech

This may be a newb question but my K-Scape started shuffling and selecting movies on it’s own. Any suggestions on why this randomly started happening ? Can’t say I’ve seen this happen before even when I worked for a dealer but maybe I just hadn’t experienced .
Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks !

Sounds like your system is flagged as a "Dealer system" and it's showing the cover shuffle demo in place of the screen saver. Is the Kaleidescape logo showing in either the bottom left or bottom right corner (it switches every few mins)? If so, that's the demo mode.

You can dismiss it by pressing any key on your remote or control system.

Sounds like your system is flagged as a "Dealer system" and it's showing the cover shuffle demo in place of the screen saver. Is the Kaleidescape logo showing in either the bottom left or bottom right corner (it switches every few mins)? If so, that's the demo mode.

You can dismiss it by pressing any key on your remote or control system.

I worked for Magnolia and they were selling the older Strato S demo units and I bought one.
Yes the K-Scape logo was in the bottom corner.
I reset it when I bought it so I didn’t think it would still do “demo unit” prompts. Yes it stopped once I started controlling it myself.
Is there a way to turn these demo settings off ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...snip...
Is there a way to turn these demo settings off ?
Not directly no. For whatever reason, the account you've activated the Strato on is identified as a dealer account. You'll need to contact Kaleidescape Support to get this turned off.

Not directly no. For whatever reason, the account you've activated the Strato on is identified as a dealer account. You'll need to contact Kaleidescape Support to get this turned off.

I didn’t use their account though. The system was fully reset and I set up my own account.
Unless you’re saying this is programmed at a root level by serial number ?

I didn’t use their account though. The system was fully reset and I set up my own account.
Unless you’re saying this is programmed at a root level by serial number ?

I have the same thing. My Alto was owned by a dealer for his home system.
As such it's not a bad thing to have (good screensaver), but if you let a movie sit on pause/intermission for too long, it will exit the movie and go to the auto-moving screen. That's the only thing that's super annoying.

Hi folks,

It does sound like something odd is going on. I've brought it up to the engineering team for investigation. Will follow up when I hear something.

Thanks Mike. I appreciate the help.
I presume you read my responses.
As stated I completely reset the unit when I purchased it so it should not be going into a demo mode. I created my own account and have been using it just fine.
This is the first time I’ve noticed this issue since I bought it at the end of March.
I look forward to your response .

My home system is doing it as well. I'll have to check our actual demo system at the office.

I know my email for the account is the same as my access to the extranet, but it doesn't seem like would be the reason for the other accounts above.

Kevin D.

Hey folks, I’m told that the issue here is that when a system is first set up by a dealer (for their showroom), it’s marked as a dealer system, and that flag is at the per-component level. So even though the component has been sold and re-registered, that dealer flag is staying behind. If you contact our support team with the serial number of the affected server, they can un-set the flag for you.

Hey folks, I’m told that the issue here is that when a system is first set up by a dealer (for their showroom), it’s marked as a dealer system, and that flag is at the per-component level. So even though the component has been sold and re-registered, that dealer flag is staying behind. If you contact our support team with the serial number of the affected server, they can un-set the flag for you.

Thanks Mike, I really appreciate you looking into this. I’ll reach out to support in the morning.

Back