• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

K Loan Program - Shipping

I've had my K system for a couple of months now & have finally got through importing my existing collection - plus new Xmas purchases. Roughly 5% of my movies are on the "Movies Missing Video Bookmarks" list (some weren't recognised at all, but using the UPC/EAN entry & the good work behind the scenes by the guys at K I now have cover art & other meta data).

I reached out to the K loan program to arrange to ship off the discs for the remaining 5% of movies. As I'm in the UK I have been referred on to a Swiss K distributor who apparently handles European bookmarking, etc for K. The Swiss distributor is suggesting that we split the costs of shipping the discs & boxes from the UK to Switzerland & back - not sure on pricing, but it's unlikely to be negligible.

I was under the impression that shipments as part of the K loan program were free to users (e.g Tom Barnett's comment in the sticky thread at the top of this forum).

Anyone able to comment? Is this a US vs Europe owner difference? Not sure if any UK members can comment on their experiences?

Rgds
Simon

Shipping to K is NO LONGER FREE here in Europe but the book marking service and return shipping remain free.

Loan Program Changes in 2012

In 2012 some changes were made to the Loan Program due to an overwhelming number of disc submissions.

1. The program is now on an appointment model, so discs cannot be immediately submitted, they need to be placed in a queue and sent when one of the offices (US, UK, Switzerland, Sweden or Italy) has an opening.
2. Kaleidecsape is now only paying for the return shipment. There is flexibility, howeber, for example if your discs need to be sent to an alternate office in another country because they have a better availability window.
3. The processing of the discs by the Movie Guide Team remains FREE.

http://www.kaleidescape.com/support/loan.php

Becky is saying we all now pay for the shipping to K but they still do the rest free of charge so it is the same in the US as it is here in Europe.

By the way Becky does a great job with the loan service that we all benefit from :eek:)

I wish I would have known the change was coming in the U.S. About 6 months ago I recycled the boxes I had been shipping DVDs to K in, because they had been piling up. Every time previously I used the loan service I got more boxes and then the DVDs were returned in boxes. Now I have to locate some decent shipping boxes for this latest batch to K.

I understand the change in requiring us to pay for shipping to K, no real issue there, it was the boxes. Under the old program, shipping was paid by K three times (empty boxes shipped to you, boxes shipped to K with DVDs, return shipping from K to you with DVDs). This newer procedure makes more sense from K's perspective (cost) and the additional benefit to the environment (and who can't refuse to get behind the environment, right?).

Jay

MODERATOR NOTE: The news about Kaleidescape now charging for processing customers' discs has been moved to its own thread.

Back