• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

K in Europe

boma

Hy

I?m living in Switzerland and I?m interested in the Kscape-Systems. I?m looking for experiences, customers in the old world (Europe) made with K.

Are the Code 2 Discs recognized by the system and correctly categorized? How about European music? And how about German/Swiss music in particular? Is there a German user interface?

Unfortunately some of the American companies tend to forget, that there are other countries and other languages. So I was just wondering, how it is with K.

Are any German or Swiss people registered here?

Greetings,
boma

Grüzi boma,

the k systems works quite well in Europe, however, not as many title are directly recognized compared to the US. My dealer told me that unknown titles can be send to K for listing. I am still considering to buy a mini system,

Yes, the K system works fine in Europe but as indicated above, some titles will not be recognized for obtaining the Metadata (Cover Art, etc.).

It is important to remember that the disks will still load into your system, and can be played back, but you will not see the Cover Art on the Covers Page until the Movie/CD is in K's system. After loading, you will see an "Enter Details" prompt on the Import page. You can put in the UPC code and other data (i.e. Movie Title, etc.) and wait for K to update automatically. However, it is better and faster if you gather up a group of unrecognized disks and send them to K to be cataloged and put into the system.

After you manually put in the Movie/CD title, it will appear in your list of Movies or Music, so you can still access them while waiting for the Cover Art update from K.

You can also contact K directly by email and they can provide you with the name of a dealer in your area that can explain all of this as well.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Back