• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

K download store

I'm waiting to take the big step (3U server & 2 players). I'd like to see the 3D aspect on the players!! I think I would regret buying a M700 vault player & a M500 player when shortly after a 3D model would see the light

I have grown to appreciate a well made 3D movie but I would not hold off getting a system due to lack of 3D support.... it may be a long wait or maybe it won't K don't normally give advance notice of such upgrades.

If I was about to purchase a new system I would wait for 4TB drives to be released.

I have grown to appreciate a well made 3D movie but I would not hold off getting a system due to lack of 3D support.... it may be a long wait or maybe it won't K don't normally give advance notice of such upgrades.

If I was about to purchase a new system I would wait for 4TB drives to be released.

Do you think the 4TB is worth waiting? Coming soon??

4TB drives will give an extra 12TB of storage on a full 3U server.... a useful increase for an owner with a substantial collection. On a smaller collection less drives will be more energy efficient and give more future flexibility.

I believe 4TB enterprise drives are starting to be released, though at this time a drive that meets K's requirements may not yet be available. Just a guess but I expect 4TB drives 1st Quarter next year?

If I was looking for a new system, Id see if I could glean any info on why I should wait and if I couldn't, then Id go ahead. I have no idea when 4TB drives might come to Kscape but the track record is they usually take a little while.

If recent history provides an indicator of next gen harddrive availability, Kaleidescape will probably make 4TB drives available within a week of my purchase of 3TB drives.

If recent history provides an indicator of next gen harddrive availability, Kaleidescape will probably make 4TB drives available within a week of my purchase of 3TB drives.

I was thinking the same thing.....so why don't you order a couple of 3TB's so the rest of us can get to the 4's sooner?:D

Jim

......and perhaps Ken could consider downloading some movies from somewhere...just to help things along!

If I remember correctly, Kaleidescape skipped last year's CES, but they have certainly been there in past years. I imagine the list of exhibitors is already out at this point, or if not, it soon will be so we should be able to check.

We'll see.:)

Jim

Kaleidescape exhibited at CES 2012, and will again exhibit at CES 2013. We'll be located in Bassano 2710 in the Venetian.

I was sitting around thinking about the new download store and I was wondering if there would be any titles available for free in order to try it out (i.e., like some of the ones that came pre-loaded on my system when I bought it)? I would be nice to see hoow it works (and how fast it is with my network) before spending money.

Regards,
John

It would be nice to see a picture of the store front.... even if it is not ready for opening.

While I wouldn't count on "free," there will be movies priced very reasonably, and buying just one would answer your question.

The download speeds will obviously differ between systems based on the internet provider's capability, and these days it isn't difficult to get at least 5 to 8 Mbs which is easily enough to download several movies overnight. If a movie is to be viewed that evening, order it a few hours in advance and there shouldn't be a problem for most systems.

Jim

Boy the silence of this thread is deafening. I guess a Christmas release is doubtfull

You never know... but it sure would be a nice holiday present for the Kaleidescape owner community, wouldn't it?

if we all wish really really hard... maybe, just maybe...

Back