• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Just saying hello!

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Hasn't been a post in awhile so I'd thought I'd take this opportunity to say hello to you all. My system arrived yesterday and I'm planning installation for tomorrow. I'll finally get to see this thing in action. Thanks to Josh for putting this together and I hope there remains enough interest going forward to keep the forum alive.
Best to you all!
Jim

Jim,
Welcome! Good luck on the install. You're goning to love the ease of use that the K brings. My kids (12, 8 & 3) all use the system with no assistance from me. For that alone, the system is worth it.

6 months in, it's become a seamless part of our house (currently 4 video zones).

Yeah, my daughter is 2 1/2 and she is getting close to being ready for the remote control. I only worry that I cannot take it back and that is a lot to give up...

There will be no "getting it back". I've just resigned myself to watching Lion King and Nemo whenever she (the 3 year old) wants.

Welcome Jim! Good luck on the install... as a fellow "self-installer", it's very rewarding to do it yourself. Let us know if we can help in any way...

--josh

Yeah, we are already there. First she will say "I want Dora" then after I tell her I am going to watch something else, it is "No, I need Dora."

For Dora, you can substitute any of the following:

Diego
Elmo
Pidge (Lady and the Tramp)
Monsters
Shrek
Cinderella
Toy Story
Winn-Dixie
Aladdin

The only thing cuter than that is to see here sit in my chair, a D-BOX Quest Extreme and tell me, "Daddy, can you make the chair move?"

It's in!! "WOW", that about sums it up! What a great toy. Setup was a breeze and it works as advertised. I can now see what you've all been talking about and why there are so many positive comments. It's kinda strange that I found myself smiling after each "completed" DVD load, I guess I was expecting a more complex and difficult process. :)

Still learning the system and enjoying every minute of it.

Thanks for the kind welcomes!

Jim

Congratulations! Glad it's all gone well... and if you're like many of us, you'll now spend weeks (months) loading your DVDs and CDs. You'll spend lots of time getting it organized and exploring the system... maybe even making some favorite scene collections and scripts, playlists...

have fun, let us know your discoveries and questions,
--josh

Thanks Josh! I'll be in touch. :)

Jim

Back