• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Its the little things that make Kaleidescape so good

JerryL

Im in the process of installing new M300 and 500 players and a vault and one of the movies I imported is Sound of Music (a family favorite).

When I went to the screen to play it, one of the options is to simply jump to a song. Since this movie is well known for its sound track this is a very pleasant surprise!

The Kaleidescape system has several of these little, thoughtful, touches in it. It's very well thought out. Thanks for doing a great job Kaleidescape.

That's one of the things I've always appreciated, they (K) keep working on improving the user experience.:)

Jim

Very cool. Does K do that for the Disney movies as well?

-Jason

The "play song" feature was originally available for BR music/concert discs, but going forward K is expanding the feature to some DVD's as well, and apparently BR musicals (Sound of Music, etc.). I'm sure they can "bookmark" most BR discs, so I would think a Disney musical would not be a problem.

Jim

Just FYI, its a favorite feature in our home so while it clearly requires more of K staff to do this, it is appreciated. Thank you. :)

They do it for a lot of DVDs now I think. If you have the first season of Glee on DVD you can see this feature in action... get right to any of the hundreds of songs featured in the whole season... my family loves this feature.

Hi Josh, I did hear that many DVD's are now covered and more are being added so it's nice to know they are keeping up with recent releases. It really is a very useful feature.:)

I have to check if I have Glee. We enjoy the show here as well. There are some things Im more than happy with DVD quality for and most TV shows qualify for that.

I have no idea why someone would want to chew up 30+GB of (expensive) server space for BR title of most TV shows. DVD is more flexible and takes up just a fraction of the server space. (and that's just one disc... Glee is 4 discs per season!)

I guess it depends on how much you like that TV show. I have watched Firefly more than most of the movies on my server...

Some folks always want to have the best possible resolution, no matter what they are watching. I tend to feel that way myself, but some TV shows are just fine on DVD, even on a 14' wide screen. One that comes to mind is The Office, and I have no desire to BR that series. I also tend to pass on "chick flicks" (yes, I know that's not a politically correct term).:D

Jim

I knew I would offend someone......:D

Jim

Back