• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Issue - I am Getting just Kaleidescape Diamond background on Display

seaninde

I went to watch a show and the display just shows the Kaleidescape diamond background but nothing else comes up and no response from remote.

I can't tell if it's the Strato S, M500 player or the Co-Star Switch. Plays fine in other rooms so it's not the 3U server.
Nothing has any warning in browser interface.
Tried restarting everything but same outcome.

Does it default to using Strato on Co-Star switch?
Any logs I can look at somewhere. Not sure how to diagnose it.
Thanks
Sean

First thing I would suggest is to bypass the Co-Star switch and run the HDMI from the Strato straight to your AVR to see if that eliminates the problem.

First thing I would suggest is to bypass the Co-Star switch and run the HDMI from the Strato straight to your AVR to see if that eliminates the problem.
But would I have to unpair the systems first?
I tried that and got no output to display but wasn't sure if it needs to see both systems since they are paired.

I’m not sure about the pairing but if you are playing a 4K movie from the Strato and getting nothing on the display, I would next try playing something like a Bluray or DVD that you know comes from the M500 and see if that is displayed when the HDMI cable from the M500 is connected to the AVR. I believe the Co-Star is simply a fancy HDMI matrix switch that switches on signal like other HDMI matrix switches I’ve used. But I could be wrong, I’ve never really dug into how it works internally. I know it does have some UI in it that does the combined movie interface for both devices.

Problem solved. Rusty at Kaleidescape support helped me figure it out.
It actually was a Sony screen coming up not a Kaleidescape screen! I swear Sony stole their diamond pattern design, lol.
The TV was not recognizing the input in that HDMI port. I restarted the TV and everything works again.
Rusty said you could connect either the Strato or M500 and don't have to unpair and they should output a display. Neither did so I knew 2 units couldn't fail at same time. That's when I realized I was not looking at a Kaleidescape background. Sony pushes out updates and sometimes you have to reboot TV, so something must have happened last night. Its the port with HDCP 2.2 so I am thinking something was not be recognized correctly. All is good again.
By the way Kaleidescape support is top notch. They replied in like 15 minutes and even called me.

Back