• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Is this weirdness in the store? or am I doing something wrong...

htroberts

I have my default filter for digital offers set to show me "disc to digital: all" and "ultraviolet". I noticed that one title ("Under Siege") is available in the store, and I have it on DVD, but it doesn't show up in this filtered list.

If I remove the "disc to digital" filter, it does show up, it tells me I own it on DVD, and I can buy in SD for $2.99 or HD for $8.99.

If I look at Under Siege in the store, but not logged in, the DVD price is $12.99, clearly the store is giving me credit for already having the title.

What am I doing wrong? I'd like to be able to see:

- titles I can upgrade from disc to digital in same resolution
- titles I can upgrade from DVD/SD to HD

It's not much that I'm interested in this particular title, I just wonder what else is on offer that's hidden...

Thanks in advance
Heath

The Digital Offers page should show all titles on the store that are available to you at a discount. It should do this without having to filter at all. Applying filters to this collection will change the results as follows:

"Upgrades" - Only shows titles that you own in a lower resolution that can be upgraded.

"Disc-to-Digital: All" - Only shows titles that you own on disc that can be converted to a downloadable version regardless of resolution (i.e. DVD->SD Download, DVD->HD Download, Blu-ray->HD Download, etc.)

"Disc-to-Digital: Same Resolution" - Only shows titles that you own on disc that can be converted to a downloadable version of the same resolution (i.e. DVD->SD Download, Blu-ray->HD Download)

"UltraViolet" - Only shows titles that are UV-enabled.

So to find titles that you can upgrade from SD to HD or higher, load the Digital Offers page and apply the "Upgrades" filter. You could also apply the "UHD" filter if you just want to see titles that can be upgraded to UHD.

Then, to do Disc-to-Digital conversions, load the Digital Offers collection and apply the "Disc-to-Digital: All" filter.

The behavior you've described is what I expect, but not what I'm seeing.

To use my "Under Siege" example, if I navigate to 'digital offers', clear all filters, and search for "Under Siege", I see the movie in the search results, at the upgrade prices. It also shows me Under Siege 2 and Police Academy 3.

If I then apply either the "Disc to Digital All" or "Disc to Digital Same Resolution" (which is what I really want to see) filters, it tells me "There are no matching titles. Some titles may not be shown because of your filter options."

If I remove the Disc to Digital filter, the results come back.

Interesting. That would imply that the upgrade pricing is being offered for some other reason other than disc-to-digital.

In the unfiltered view, if you hover over the cover art image for "Under Siege", the ownership snipe will slide out. It should read "You own on DVD" or "You own on Blu-ray" in order to qualify for a disc-to-digital transaction. If, however, the ownership snipe reads "You own in UltraViolet SD" or "You own in UltraViolet HD", then the disc-to-digital filter would filter that title out since UV->Download upgrades are not considered a disc-to-digital transaction.

Do the titles you mention appear in your Digital Offers list if you apply the "Upgrades" filter instead of the "Disc-to-Digital" filter?

Keep in mind that if you are entitled to download a store title because it is in your UV library, then the store will never offer to sell you that title in the same resolution. So that title would only appear in your Digital Offers list if it's available at a higher resolution.

The behavior you've described is what I expect, but not what I'm seeing.

To use my "Under Siege" example, if I navigate to 'digital offers', clear all filters, and search for "Under Siege", I see the movie in the search results, at the upgrade prices. It also shows me Under Siege 2 and Police Academy 3.

If I then apply either the "Disc to Digital All" or "Disc to Digital Same Resolution" (which is what I really want to see) filters, it tells me "There are no matching titles. Some titles may not be shown because of your filter options."

If I remove the Disc to Digital filter, the results come back.

I tried this with some of my movies that show up as either upgrades or disc-to-digital. When I search for one of these titles and filter by either upgrades or disc-to-digital I get nothing.

Not what I was expecting. I agree with you on this.

John

Playing around with it more, I agree that there's an issue with the filters on search results. For example, I own "The Accountant" as a UV SD title. On my Digital Offers page, "The Accountant" is present on the unfiltered list (expected) and on the list of titles when filtering by "Upgrades" (expected). It is not on the list if I filter by "Disc-to-digital" (expected).

If I search for "The Accountant" then it shows up in search results when no filters are applied but does not appear in search results if I filter by "Upgrades" (unexpected).

In the unfiltered view, if you hover over the cover art image for "Under Siege", the ownership snipe will slide out. It should read "You own on DVD" or "You own on Blu-ray" in order to qualify for a disc-to-digital transaction. If, however, the ownership snipe reads "You own in UltraViolet SD" or "You own in UltraViolet HD", then the disc-to-digital filter would filter that title out since UV->Download upgrades are not considered a disc-to-digital transaction.

For this example (and I've since found others which are the same), the store says "you own on DVD". And the same titles are not in my Ultraviolet collection on myuv.com (i.e. I don't have UV rights to them).

Do the titles you mention appear in your Digital Offers list if you apply the "Upgrades" filter instead of the "Disc-to-Digital" filter?

No, if I use the "upgrades" filter instead of "disc to digital", searched-for selections stop showing up.

Hi folks,

Thanks for reporting this odd behavior. We've looked at it and we found a couple of issues.

Heath, a question for you: in your initial experience, how many movies were shown in the view where "Under Siege" was not showing up. Is there any chance that there was more than one page, and it was on a later page? This has bitten a few people in the past.

There is definitely an issue with those filters not working properly on a search, so that's a separate problem that is now logged as a bug.

Heath, a question for you: in your initial experience, how many movies were shown in the view where "Under Siege" was not showing up. Is there any chance that there was more than one page, and it was on a later page? This has bitten a few people in the past.

Yes, I figured out shortly after my initial post that it shows up if I don't enter any search terms. If I had realized that sooner I might not have asked.

Regardless, it's only when filtering on upgrades or disc-to-digital and putting something in the text search box that there seems to be an issue.

Since I have you, I'll ask another 'design intent' question:

If I search for all available upgrades, I see a few pages of results. If I click "upgrade all", it only adds the titles from the current page to my cart. This is a corner case, and I suppose there are arguments for either behavior, so I get if this is either unintentional or too low a priority to change, but that's not what I expected.

(okay, one more)

Title results on a page aren't searchable using a browser's 'find' function because the title is only rendered in the tiled cover image. e.g. I can browser-find American Sniper with its RT rating "72%", but not with its title. The store has a nice visual style, and if I were you, I probably wouldn't want to change it, but is there a way to add non-display text that a browser can find?

Thanks
Heath

Thanks for the extra info.

Yes, we debated quite a bit how the Buy All button should work when there are multiple pages of titles, and concluded that it was safest to only have it apply to titles you could see on that page.

Thanks for the feedback regarding Find. I've had the same challenge in my own Movie Store usage.

I have my default filter for digital offers set to show me "disc to digital: all" and "ultraviolet". I noticed that one title ("Under Siege") is available in the store, and I have it on DVD, but it doesn't show up in this filtered list.

If I remove the "disc to digital" filter, it does show up, it tells me I own it on DVD, and I can buy in SD for $2.99 or HD for $8.99.

If I look at Under Siege in the store, but not logged in, the DVD price is $12.99, clearly the store is giving me credit for already having the title.

What am I doing wrong? I'd like to be able to see:

- titles I can upgrade from disc to digital in same resolution
- titles I can upgrade from DVD/SD to HD

It's not much that I'm interested in this particular title, I just wonder what else is on offer that's hidden...

Thanks in advance
Heath

After the latest maintained to the store, the above issue seems to be resolved - at least on the few movies I checked.

John

Back