• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

is there any horizontal adjustment of the carousel's position in a DV700?

htroberts

I have a DV700 that I bought second-hand about a year ago. It's great, and works fine, except that maybe about 10% of the time a disc was ejecting, it would catch on the inside of the front trim panel. Loosening the trim panel would allow the disc to come out.

Discs seem to eject cleanly 100% of the time with the trim panel removed, and I've just been using it that way, but I can observe that there's a slight horizontal offset between the center of the front chassis (not trim) panel slot and the carousel rollers. If I look into the slot perpendicular to the front panel, I only see the right hand roller. If I change my point of view so the panel slot and roller centerline line up, I'm maybe 5° off of perpendicular.

I suppose I could just remove the covers and look for myself, but I've been reluctant to do so. It's out of warranty, but the stickers are intact, so I don't think anyone else has been inside.

The ejection rollers and the slot guide are assembled onto a bracket and installed into the vault as a single unit so it's incredibly unlikely that the rollers are out of alignment. There are no adjustment screws to change the alignment of the rollers to the slot. It (the bracket) is screwed firmly in place to the chassis and, in turn, the carousel cowl is screwed to the top of the bracket so everything accurately positioned.

If you were to loosen off all of the screws holding this bracket assembly in place I supposed that you might be able to move it laterally about half a millimetre (if that).

The ejection rollers and the slot guide are assembled onto a bracket and installed into the vault as a single unit so it's incredibly unlikely that the rollers are out of alignment.

Thanks, John. What you've described is how I would have designed it, so it's sort of how I expected it to be designed...

that said, I'm definitely seeing evidence of some misalignment, which makes me wonder what's going on. There's no external evidence of physical damage, and discs have always loaded easily--it's only ejection that has problems. I'll probably live with it until I have some free time and it's bugging me, or if I end up picking up another vault.

Thanks again for the response.

Back