• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

IR control on M300

maxmedia

I placed my M300 behind my tv on the wall in my bedroom and thought I could use a IR receiver like the one pictured to control the K system with the provided remote. I have used IR receivers like this with a controller and a repeater system in the past, but I thought the 1/8" mini plug on the M300 was for a direct input to the receiver bypassing the need for a controller and a repeater?

Does anyone know if this is how it works and what brand/type of IR receiver I should get?

Thank you.

Attachments

• IR Receiver.jpg
    IR Receiver.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 16
You'll need a separate power supply to use the pictured receiver (or a traditional repeater system like you have used in the past). The IR in is a non-powered 1/8 MONO input designed to come straight from a connecting block or control system IR output.

From the install manual:

c. Connecting to an IR controller
The IR receiver on the front of the player is paired with an IR emitter
wired directly to the IR-IN port on the back panel of the player.
Use the IR-IN port to connect the player to a remote IR receiver, an
RF gateway, or a control system that sends IR commands.
 Cut the emitter off any existing IR repeater or control system.
 Solder a cable with an 1/8 in. (3.5 mm) tip-sleeve (mono)
connector to the leads that were connected to the emitter.
 Connect the signal to the tip of the connector and the ground to
the sleeve.
When this cable is connected to the player IR-IN port, the player
receives the same IR commands that would have been sent by the
emitter.

Kevin D.

Thanks Kevin. My slingbox has a direct input for just an IR receiver, so I was hoping it was the same way, and I had some extra IR parts (not the controller). Oh well, no problem.

Back