• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

iphone remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaleidescape, well really one of the creators of the system Dan Collins was showing off an incredible app for music. It even had cover art browsing and shuffle. It was probably one of the best things we saw at the show. I have been gently bugging the boys to get this released ASAP.
Sorry if this has already been covered.

Attachments

• kscapeipod.jpg
    kscapeipod.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 34
oh wow... great picture Eric! I hope that app finds its way to the market soon... just what I was hoping to see!
--josh

I regularly use the Sonos Iphone app. I even went out and purchased 2 additional Ipod Touches so I could use the app instead of the much larger Sonos controller. An Iphone App for K would be spectacular. Love that picture too. The app for K would be a nice addition and keep them in the forefront for music. I can imagine having someone using the app and being able to read about the artist or an album review and being overwhelmed by how interesting K is for music. I would actually consider getting a music player and moving past Sonos, although Rhapsody through Sonos would be hard to give up. One issue I see is how volume control would work with the application, but I'm sure there are ways to deal with that issue.

I would certainly love to see this released, and the fact that it's completed already raises a question as to why it hasn't been released. Maybe it's a pricing issue for the app. I wouldn't be thrilled about paying for it, but that's not to say that I wouldn't buy it. If it were in the Apple app store, I would purchase it right away.

Jay

I agree, if they release that I'll be back in the Apple store.:)

Jim

I'm lobbying for it to be a free download. Volume control is a bit tricky but i think we have a workable solution for a control system say something like Crestron or AMX. I'll rattle the cage again and see if there is any new info.

Remotescape is officially launching.

See early info and review here.

--josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back