• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

iPad app

dyc1077

the iPad app is great! my son was watching a movie and I decided to load the iPad app while he was doing so. there is so much more information about the movies available in the iPad app. I hope kaleidescape will update the app so that we can use it as a streaming player. I hope they release an app for android too

That would be nice but my guess is that that will be a long time before that happens.

Unfortunately, I think kscape75 is right, it will be a while, but it's a shame.

Look at the way that the way the recent Tivo app for iPad and iPhone works... it's pretty impressive - stream anything stored on any Tivo in your house for watching on any iOS device! In addition, if you're headed out for a trip or want to watch offline, you can also choose to download any show/movie you like from your Tivo over to the mobile app for taking with you. It's pretty awesome. I'm not sure why Kaleidescape-managed (and -purchased) content should be MORE restricted.

If your answer is that it's different with TV content, I'm not sure that holds water any more. iTunes has both of those features too. Stream iTunes-managed content from storage in the house to your device, or download it to the device to take with you. Works the same for movies on those devices as it does for TV content.

I'd hope Kaleidescape continues to push on features like this so that we could do the same (or even more) with our very high-end entertainment system.

--josh

Last edited:
Back