• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Interior shots of K-1500

Yetis

Hopefully this doesn't violate anything with K, but thought people would find this interesting. Warranty on the server is long-gone. Has a VERY failed power supply that is oozing from the caps. Pretty interesting setup, with some proprietary K parts. I should note that the interior photo is without the power supply. The power supply is the part that is sitting on the carpet. So now you know what it looks like!

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 146
Did you manage to fix the power supply? Can you confirm the power supply model?

I am not sure, but I doubt its ddr3 memory, given the age. There is an extra slot on the MB, so I guess one could add more memory, though I see little reason at this point. Remember you void your warranty if you open these up, so its only really an option after a couple years. I really would like to open up a new one and do a compare and contrast to see if there has been any change over the years. I will note they have changed the screw types over the years...

The power supply was pretty wasted when I got to it, so it needs replacing. K have replacement kits available. They are made by Seasonic, model # SSF-160U1. Good luck finding one. I wonder if you would save much if any, sourcing away from K.

http://www.seasonic.com/pdf/datasheet/NEW/Bulk/OF/SSF-160U1.pdf

Will add that I got the k1500 service kit, which is a replacement power supply and instructions to install along with instructions to clean the interior of the k1500. Part number for power supply the same as the original. Now as good as new! ��

I don't know your level of technical experience. For me, it was very easy and straight forward. For someone who doesn't know where to push and pull and not touch, then maybe it isn't as easy.

Back