• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Incredible Hulk?

topfox124

Hey everyone,

See references to the Incredible Hulk ina few older threads, but I can’t find it in the Movie Store. I assume it was there are some point. Is that normal for movies to no longer be available?

Also recently noticed Hot Tub Time Machine 2 popped up in the store but appears to be Rent option only. First time I’ve seen that, but am a new user. Is that a pretty common occurrence with movies?

Hey everyone,

See references to the Incredible Hulk ina few older threads, but I can’t find it in the Movie Store. I assume it was there are some point. Is that normal for movies to no longer be available?

Also recently noticed Hot Tub Time Machine 2 popped up in the store but appears to be Rent option only. First time I’ve seen that, but am a new user. Is that a pretty common occurrence with movies?
Sometimes Rent Only is a mistake! That's happened before and was resolved. @MikeKobb, can you check if this is a mistake?

And yes, sometimes movies disappear from the store if there are licensing issues, but often (though not always) return in due time.

It must be a licensing issue. I checked my records - purchased the HD version 9/28/15, and the HDR version 8/14/20.

There is a complicated history of rights with that movie, between Universal owning the rights to the Hulk and Marvel making the movie for Universal. Or something. It was complicated. I'm sure there's some rights mess going on that will be resolved and the movie will return.

I purchased mine in June 2022. I just looked at the description page and it does not show a studio that released it, while all other titles do. So that's some rights confusion.

If it makes any difference, I purchased the HDR version (from the K store) on May 14th, 2021.

Andy

Yeah. Hope they figure it out and bring it back. Seems like it was owned by Universal and is now owned by Marvel or something like that.

Sometimes Rent Only is a mistake! That's happened before and was resolved. @MikeKobb, can you check if this is a mistake?
I checked on this for Hot Tub Time Machine 2, and I'm told that it is indeed a rental-only title for now, but we do expect to have it available for sale as well soon.

I checked on this for Hot Tub Time Machine 2, and I'm told that it is indeed a rental-only title for now, but we do expect to have it available for sale as well soon.
It is now !

It is now !
Nice! Glad it’s there now, although now my new hope is it will go on sale lol. Definitely want it, but not at the current price.

Hey everyone,

Looks like a licensing issue, Vudu shows the same...

1691881258091.png

Would be nice if the K-Store did the same and just say it's not available for purchase

Back