• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

If you're looking for the Atmos/DTS:X track...

ht guy

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
I know I've run into this before, but there are instances on K where the Atmos is not with the HDR/UHD, but only the HD:

The Great Wall
First Man
Pacific Rim: Uprising

Last edited:
Or, the Atmos or DTS:X track is on the 4K disc, but not included with either K version:
Oblivion
Robin Hood

And one instance where the streaming version is Atmos, but K is 5.1:
Tomorrow War

@MikeKobb I can see where K might not have the assets for the movies where there is no immersive audio provided by the studio, but wonder if K could use the immersive audio from the HD tracks for the HDRs/UHDs?

Last edited:
Or, the Atmos or DTS:X track is on the 4K disc, but not included with either K version:
Oblivion
Robin Hood

And one instance where the streaming version is Atmos, but K is 5.1:
Tomorrow War

@MikeKobb I can see where K might not have the assets for the movies where there is no immersive audio provided by the studio, but wonder if K could use the immersive audio from the HD tracks for the HDRs/UHDs?
Personally, I’d prefer to use the upscaling feature on my processor than have a 3rd party try to sync two different files or sub in a low quality, soundbar focused spatial audio track for a lossless non-spatial audio track.

I may be in the minority, but my theory is have the studio give you the absolutely highest bit rate audio file they have then use the processor we paid all the money for to figure out how to move the sound around if the highest bitrate content isn’t the spatial version.

Thanks.

I’m with you 100% on getting the highest bit rate audio file K has - and that’s exactly my point.

They have the lossless ATMOS files for these three movies from the studios. (fwiw, while it’s not in my skill set, there are folks that remux 3D titles with the ATMOS from 4k discs with great success.)

While upmixers are fine, if it’s available, I prefer native. Especially with a reference ATMOS track where no upmixer is going to adequately replace the mixer that placed the objects spatially. Thus the question.

Last edited:
Atmos isn’t always lossless. There’s lossy atmos as well as near field atmos for sound bars, which doesn’t sound the best on true multi-channel systems. Basically, studios use it as a marketing ploy to sell more content in some, not all, instances

Understood.
I'm only asking about Atmos for the HDR/UHD versions of three titles where the studio has released a lossless Atmos track - and K has a copy.

Back