• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

I like these!

Not likely anytime soon, and these 6TB's are just starting to enter the storage discussion. If K stays with historical time periods, we are likely a year away from larger drives given the 4TB release.

Still, 6TB's would certainly be welcome in my system!:)

Jim

That would be about the right time for 4K video storage :) in fact, netflix just announced 4k streaming is coming...

Matt

Nice to see 6TB drives out in the wild.

More capacity and reduced power consumption ...not a lot wrong with that.

6 vaults worth of data per 3U? Okay, that sounds like it might take a bit of effort to fill with existing content.

Sounds like fun.

And it will take about 48 days to do a replication off my existing 3U server w/4TB drives? Wow.

My bet is that when K releases this drive it will be $1795.00

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime K reduces the price on their largest current drive size to $995, it seems within 3 months a newer even larger drive gets announced. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

Nice link! Looks like these drives have been available since last November...

John

Guesses on when 6 TB drives become available from K? Was going to P/U a couple of 4TB drives to fill empty slots, but still have space for 120 B_R movies at this point and that should take awhile to fill.

Guesses on when 6 TB drives become available from K? Was going to P/U a couple of 4TB drives to fill empty slots, but still have space for 120 B_R movies at this point and that should take awhile to fill.

Probably better to buy additional drives only when they are actually needed.

Jim

Back