• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

OFF-TOPIC Hurricane in FL

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Hi Guys, will not be posting for a day or so, had to evacuate from our coastal house to a hotel West of Orlando. Back home in a couple days.

(Have my priorities right, managed to move Three Sony 5000ES laser PJ's to higher ground before leaving!!:D)

Family is safe, no problems. Best to anyone else affected!

Jim

Jim about where is your place in FL? I have some business interests in Melbourne. Fortunately all the people involved are safe. Not sure about the office but that is just stuff. Hope you are safe too!

Thanks Jerry, got back to my house today (I'm in Ponte Vedra Beach, just South of Jacksonville, on the coast). House is fine, lost one large tree in front yard, otherwise no major issues. I was slightly concerned about water in the garage because I decided not to move the Ferrari, and frankly forgot the Sony 5000's were that close to the floor, but no water entered the property, so all is good!!

It was expected to be a lot worse, we were lucky.

Jim

Thank you Bryan! Fortunately the eye wall stayed further offshore than expected, but still surprising the number of trees blown down in our neighborhood. Several homes were significantly damaged by very large trees, but luckily no injuries.

Now back to K....:)

Jim

Yes Jim, it seems we all dodged a bullet. Another 20 miles to the west and it would be a very different story. Quite remarkable when you consider the size of the storm.

Glad things turned out OK for you, Jim! We were also in the path. (I live in Myrtle Beach, SC.) I wrote a blog on our experience with the storm and the "perspective" I gathered from it.
http://www.residentialsystems.com/blogentry/1266
The world definitely changes when the power goes out! Also, I didn't have any Ferraris to worry about, so... ;-)
Back on topic, I've got 4 of the 10 HDR titles on my Strato and...WOW! Gorgeous! So happy to see that K is back charging ahead and if all my cards line up, I will finally get to visit them in Mountain View next month!
Best,
John

Back