• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Hunger Games want play

dgandy98

I have a Blu Ray Hunger Games that I have just gotten, seems to download fine and all information. But when I push play the time goes down to one minute and screen goes black and system locks down. The only way to get it to work again is unplug the player that I was using or go to installer page and reset player that way. I have even deleted download and reinstalled and tried again and same thing. Also I have put disc in one of my other Blu Ray players and it seems to work fine, and I was noticing that on my ipad app on the movie it just has play disc and does not have play movie like other movies I have. Has any one had this problem before. Thanks

New titles like this sometimes take a few days to make it into the K database -- I have this blu disk as well, and I can see that it's "missing video bookmarks." Once K loads them in, they'll automatically get updated in our systems. Until then, you'll only see the "play disk" option instead of the usual "play movie" option which skips trailers and such.

No clue about the locking-up issue though. I plan to watch this movie tonight, and will report back if I have the same problem.

Tony

Thank's Tony, Let me know if yours works, I might have to go exchange disc for another Blu Ray. I even tried the special feature disc and it also locks up the player and makes screen go black. Never had this ever happen before. Strange !!

Fired it up tonight and it played through without incident.

Could definitely be a poorly authored disk, assuming your other movies are working properly...? If an exchange is possible, that would be my favorite option. Along with shutting-down/re-booting your K components (unplugging, not "turning off") and network gear.

I have put disc in one of my other Blu Ray players and it seems to work fine

I have had a couple disks that work OK in a stand alone player but give payback issues after import.

I usually drop K an email then send the disc in via the loan process. (K will also be able to bookmark the disc.)

As a short-term workaround, try disabling Internet access on the settings page for the player you are trying to play this disc on.

Got it fixed

I exchanged the hunger games for a new one today and pop it in and I new it was going to work because the other one would show just hunger games on the M 700 when it was downloading and this one showed hunger games ( feature ) when it was downloading. So when I brought it up on iPad app it had all information with markers and everything, push play and I was happy. Funny how just one disc is deferent from another and the other disc would play on my other Blu Ray players. So keep receipts they may come in handy some day.

I exchanged the hunger games for a new one today and pop it in and I new it was going to work because the other one would show just hunger games on the M 700 when it was downloading and this one showed hunger games ( feature ) when it was downloading. So when I brought it up on iPad app it had all information with markers and everything, push play and I was happy. Funny how just one disc is deferent from another and the other disc would play on my other Blu Ray players. So keep receipts they may come in handy some day.

I imported it today, I don't even have a cover how come you have all info? Same for The dictator, war games and Jaws.......I entered the UPC codes hope info will come up soon !

Back