• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

How to setup new Terra?

tnedator

I'm adding a second Terra. Because my dealer wasn't going to be install in the time frame I wanted, he had the unit drop shipped to me so I didn't have to wait on install, and it arrived today (the wife tells me).

I have no problem physically installing, but how do I register it to work with my Alto and existing Terra?

Do I just login to my Alto's web interface and add it there, or do I login to the new Terra?

I'm adding a second Terra. Because my dealer wasn't going to be install in the time frame I wanted, he had the unit drop shipped to me so I didn't have to wait on install, and it arrived today (the wife tells me).

I have no problem physically installing, but how do I register it to work with my Alto and existing Terra?

Do I just login to my Alto's web interface and add it there, or do I login to the new Terra?

Congratulations!

You go to the interface, to the Components tab. Scroll down and you will see Add component. Click on it. You will then see your new Terra server and an “Add” button on the left. Click on it and you are done!

Congratulations!

You go to the interface, to the Components tab. Scroll down and you will see Add component. Click on it. You will then see your new Terra server and an “Add” button on the left. Click on it and you are done!

Awesome, thanks.

I was hoping it was simple and it doesn't get much simpler than that. Heading up shortly to hook this puppy up. Had to recently start deleting content to add new, so now I can get everything back in order.

Be sure that you use your existing system’s browser interface and add the Terra to it (as opposed to starting with the Terra’s browser interface). If you were to do it the other way around, you could end up having to re-register the system. That wouldn’t be a big deal, but it’d be an extra step.

I have had a Strato since July 2016. When I bought it, I thought that its 6 TB of storage would be ample. Wrong! I ran out of space on my Strato months ago and was reduced to deleting existing content from the Strato and adding new content from my Kscape library, which contains 300 plus films, which are a mixture of 4K and HD titles.

I got tired of that so last week I had my Kscape dealer add a 24 TB Terra Server to my system. Adding it to my Kscape system was super easy and I have been downloading content from my library ever since.

I couldn't be happier with the operation of my upgraded system but have a question I can't answer. As noted, my Strato was mostly full, about 98 percent, when I added the Terra. I think I made a mistake in that I told my system to download my whole library. It appears that content that was already on the Strato is being downloaded again to the Terra. If so, does the system keep track of these duplications or is there something else I should do to remove duplicated content from the system? Even if titles are being duplicated, it won't be a problem for the foreseeable future because more than 70 percent of the Terra's storage capacity remains unused. The Strato, though, remains 98 percent full. I would like to clean this up if it's possible to do so. Any advice would b appreciated.

Your Terra and Strato are grouped together into a single system, yes? If they are, it should not download any duplicate content. If you queue duplicates for download, they should be skipped when their turn comes up in the queue.

Yes, I've seen that happen many times on my system when I download a new HDR version or something and the bluray download of the same title is also queued up. It just indicates it was skipped.... SJ

Your Terra and Strato are grouped together into a single system, yes? If they are, it should not download any duplicate content. If you queue duplicates for download, they should be skipped when their turn comes up in the queue.

Yes, I've seen that happen many times on my system when I download a new HDR version or something and the bluray download of the same title is also queued up. It just indicates it was skipped.... SJ

Thanks. So far at least, I haven't received a message that anything has been skipped but I'll keep an eye out for any such messages. Fortunately, my Terra still has over 70 percent of its storage capacity available, so I should be in good shape for now and quite a time to come. If I see anything else of interest along these lines, I will report it.

A fringe benefit of the addition of the Terra to my system has been an almost 50 percent increase in download speeds, from ~60Mbps when I had only the Strato to between 85 and 90Mbps with the Terra's addition to my system.

I've had that happen on occasion. Like when I already have something, then the HDR version comes out and it wants to download the supplemental features or the SDR version again. It will just say "Content already downloaded" and go along its merry way. Look up your history on your server at IPADDRESS/history

I've had that happen on occasion. Like when I already have something, then the HDR version comes out and it wants to download the supplemental features or the SDR version again. It will just say "Content already downloaded" and go along its merry way. Look up your history on your server at IPADDRESS/history

Yeah, I keep my system's History page open on my iPad all the time. So far, all titles in the list show only that they were Downloaded or Deleted. I have yet to see a Content already downloaded message.

That message appears on the Movie Store's Download page, not on the system's browser interface.

MikeKobb -- Thanks for your posts. I am pleased to report that my entire Kscape library downloaded to my Terra/Strato system in about 10 days and everything operated as advertised. I have also confirmed that the system is smart enough to not download a second time any film that is on the system.

Back