• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

How Does It Work?

todo

This may have been answered before so pardon me if it has...
For example Greatest Showman is available in K Store in HDR with soundtrack in DTS HD.
The UHD BD Disc due to be released in two weeks later will be in ATMOS.
If I buy this movie as a download from K - will the audio stream change to ATMOS down the road or will it stay at DTS?
Thanks.

This may have been answered before so pardon me if it has...
For example Greatest Showman is available in K Store in HDR with soundtrack in DTS HD.
The UHD BD Disc due to be released in two weeks later will be in ATMOS.
If I buy this movie as a download from K - will the audio stream change to ATMOS down the road or will it stay at DTS?
Thanks.

There are two studios that do not give K the advanced sound tracks. Those two are Universal and Fox. “The Greatest Showman” is a Fox title so even when the disc comes out in a couple of weeks, I don’t expect K store to have it. I do expect K to add Atmos soundtracks from both Fox and Universal at some point I just don’t know when. I should point out that there is one Universal title available on the store with Atmos - “Lucy” (and I have no idea why just that one title).

All of the other major studios in 4K on the store have Atmos soundtracks (Sony, Warner Bros., Paramount and Disney).

I hope this answers your question.

John

Maybe Disney will apply their new workflow over at Fox. Then all main titles will be atmos.

Disney is busy, Ben Rosenblatt said (who supervised the atmos d vision transfer of sw7) converting all the plums in their library.

Hi Ash, am doing great, my home cinema parallel universe is all coming together.;) wait for Cedia to hear and read about my PIETA.

Back