• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

How do you hide disc only titles on a system that no longer has a disc player?

jfh

How do you hide titles from the navigator screen that can only be playable if you have a disc player connected to the system if you no longer have one connected?

I have a Strato C and a compact Terra server and connected an M700 changer to catalog discs. i completed that and removed the player from the system but now have titles that say “insert disc” when selected. Can those be removed or hidden from the navigation screen? I though the disc related options would disappear when a disc drive was no longer part of the system.

I don't think you're going to get a different answer than the first time you asked. Your only option is to delete them.

yeah, it just dawned on me this is effectively the same question. Sorry.

is it correct that all cataloged titles are now stored on my cloud account so that K will know about any title I’ve ever cataloged even if there isn’t currently a d2d offer? I’m really nervous about losing hundreds of cataloged discs that I havent purchased from the K store or have d2d offers. Everything I read on the K help pages say that deleted cataloged titles cannot be recovered so I’m trying to figure out how to move all those titles from the old to the new server.

The record of the movies you've cataloged is stored on the Movie Store servers. If you want to reassure yourself, you can check a sampling of the movies you cataloged on the store and verify that it shows that (a) you own the movie on DVD/Blu-ray and (b) that there are disc-to-digital offers available when appropriate.

Thanks. What about movies that are cataloged for which there are no current D2D offers? (Presume the store has them?)

If subsequent d2d offers become available would those titles then appear in the digital offers list? (Presume yes?)

Is there any way to see movie store show titles that have been catalogued and don’t have a current offer?

it seems like what I want to do is delete any title I haven’t downloaded so the cover interface isn’t so cluttered but if I understand things now I would lose the ability to see everything if I add a disc player back in to the system later on.

related question - is the history of catalog/download/delete activity stored on the Terra or the movie store account? since It does not seem to be exportable I would like to keep that visible if I replace one Terra with another.

edit: just saw this in another post “And, since the system's content database is replicated across all components with storage” - does that apply to the system history too?

Last edited:
Thanks. What about movies that are cataloged for which there are no current D2D offers? (Presume the store has them?)

If subsequent d2d offers become available would those titles then appear in the digital offers list? (Presume yes?)
Yes

Is there any way to see movie store show titles that have been catalogued and don’t have a current offer?
I don’t think there’s a way to see those all at once. If you go to an individual title, it will tell you that you own it on Blu-ray or DVD or whatever, but there’s not a way that I’m aware of to show you all such movies.

it seems like what I want to do is delete any title I haven’t downloaded so the cover interface isn’t so cluttered but if I understand things now I would lose the ability to see everything if I add a disc player back in to the system later on.
Yeah, if you delete the cataloged titles from the system, and then later add a disc-capable player again, you would need to catalog the discs again.

related question - is the history of catalog/download/delete activity stored on the Terra or the movie store account? since It does not seem to be exportable I would like to keep that visible if I replace one Terra with another.
The information shown on your system’s History page is stored locally. The store account has the complete list of the discs you’ve cataloged or imported, but it doesn’t have all the details about import/delete/etc.

edit: just saw this in another post “And, since the system's content database is replicated across all components with storage” - does that apply to the system history too?
Yes, I believe so. If you have more than one component with storage you could verify this yourself by just turning one off and then looking at the HIstory page on the one that’s still on.

Thanks Mike.

If I add a new server and delete the old one will I lose the info shown on the history page?

If yes, would it be kept if I replicated to the new server rather than download new?

Back