• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

How About a New Subforum for "Concerts & Music"?

Steve Bruzonsky

Now that the Kaleidescape store has a new area for "MUSIC" including concerts, music documentaries, etc. how about a new subforum here for this?

Also, we can use such a subforum to demonstrate interest to hopefully convince Kaleidescape to not only increase concert offerings, but perhaps to start getting Dolby Atmos and Auro-3D music even if it doesn't have the concert video part. Sure, some of the Dolby Atmos music available only on Apple isn't available on disc or otherwise, but there is a lot of Dolby Atmos blu rays out and KScape owners like myself like to just listen to music as well on our Dolby Atmos/Auro-3D systems.
Norwegian music label 2L has a lot of Dolby Atmos and Auro-3D blu rays and I bet it wouldn't be hard for Kaleidescape to get them to go along.

Happy to create one if there's demand. Would others find this valuable and utilize it?
Looking at our top-level structure, i also see i can probably deprecate the forum that was used for the old Kaleiedescape music system. Nothing has been posted there for over 3 years.

How about a section "CONTENT" with sub-forums for movies, concerts, documentaries and series? Allowing members to discuss specific movies etc?

And a subforum specifically for Dolby Atmos & Multi-channel blu ray audio discs not available in the Kaleidescape store - to hopefully show them there's enough interest to look into getting this stuff in the store!

Calling Cineramax, another multi-channel music luver, take some time out from all of your other posting and chime in please!
(Hint... if you put an "@" sign in front of a members name when posting a comment, they'll get notified that they're being mentioned! e.g. @CINERAMAX IOPH )

And a subforum specifically for Dolby Atmos & Multi-channel blu ray audio discs not available in the Kaleidescape store - to hopefully show them there's enough interest to look into getting this stuff in the store!
going to hold off on adding even more levels to the hierarchy. The more levels and subforums there are, the more work it is for admins since many people will be posting things in the wrong place. Plus just makes it more difficult to navigate and browse the topics people are positng. But as always, if enough people are interested, I'll revisit!

OK, definitely seems like there's enough interest. I've made a new top-level section of the forum for "Content", and moved the previous forums for movie discussions in here, also the section about scripting and favorite scenes, and created a new Music & Concerts section, as requested. Moved some older relevant threads into this area.

Let's see how it goes... but those who have requested this, please go start making use of it. Send me thoughts or suggestions on the organization as well.

OK, definitely seems like there's enough interest. I've made a new top-level section of the forum for "Content", and moved the previous forums for movie discussions in here, also the section about scripting and favorite scenes, and created a new Music & Concerts section, as requested. Moved some older relevant threads into this area.

Let's see how it goes... but those who have requested this, please go start making use of it. Send me thoughts or suggestions on the organization as well.
Thank you Josh!

Back