• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Hogan's Heroes - audio dropouts

brodricj

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I've just imported Hogan's Heroes Season 2 (5 disc DVD set), and all discs imported without issue (except they are not recognized by the Kaleidescape movie guide). The problem is, during playback I'm experiencing audio dropouts of about a second duration several times per minute, making them unwatchable. However when I put the DVD in the PS3 the audio playback is completely normal. I've tried both the coax and HDMI audio of the M300 and they both show the audio dropouts, and I've tried my Halcro processor and bypassing it directly to the HDTV and the problem is there with both.

So now I'm trying to find out why these audio dropouts are evident on the Kaleidescape player, but not the PS3. Might it be an import issue? Or more likely a playback issue?

The audio soundtrack on the discs are DD mono.

Hi brodricj,

We're happy to bookmark the discs for you through our loan program (www.kaleidescape.com/loan) I know you're already working with Kaleidescape Support on another problem, and suggest that you work with them to troubleshoot this issue.

Tom

Thanks Tom,
Further investigation and it turned out not to be a problem with this particular disc, but with all content played back from the M300 on both HDMI and coaxial outputs (I wasn't getting the audio drop-outs with the MP2). Restarting the player via the installer/component tab has resolved the problem....it would have saved me a bit of diagnostic effort if I had tried this first!!

Back