• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Highlander 4k?

It's certainly possible.

Jim

It’s hard to hold off on buying the disc knowing that it might come to KScape.

Same dilemma I have with ST TMP directors cut.

I didn’t have the patience to wait.

I got both Highlander 4k and ST TMP directors cut 4k on disc for Cmas.

Nothing I can share related to availability, but I will say that I truly wish that there were an option to play the theatrical edit of the film rather than the director's cut, on whatever format one chooses to watch. In my opinion, the director's cut ruins the mystery of the movie and screws up the pacing. They also chose to add a bunch of sound effects during one of the past remasters that (IMO) detract. This movie is one reason I still own a Laserdisc player.

Nothing I can share related to availability, but I will say that I truly wish that there were an option to play the theatrical edit of the film rather than the director's cut, on whatever format one chooses to watch. In my opinion, the director's cut ruins the mystery of the movie and screws up the pacing. They also chose to add a bunch of sound effects during one of the past remasters that (IMO) detract. This movie is one reason I still own a Laserdisc player.
Still keeping my Pioneer HLD-X0 and McIntosh MLD-7020 for the big shinny discs!

There is a TV edit of The Motion Picture only available on Laserdisc. It’s longer than the theatrical cut but shorter than the special edition. No CGI and it’s open matte.

Just added by Cinedigm

Just added by Cinedigm

This is great news! Awful artwork. Good thing we can edit that. $14.86 upgrade price. Cinedigm titles never go on sale. Do they?

This is great news! Awful artwork. Good thing we can edit that. $14.86 upgrade price. Cinedigm titles never go on sale. Do they?
I hollered at that poster! Whoever designed that and then whoever approved it should be forced to take a vacation where they can reevaluate their career choice.

Besides some permanent price reductions on some titles on 2021-01-13, there have been no sales for Cinedigm titles since I started tracking.

Back