• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Help with Alto

House72

Hello All

If some one can check to see if Alto can play pure audio blu ray disc it would be great. Unfortunately my media room is being taken down to accommodate new AV8802 and Seaton Catalyst 12C speakers I bought. It will not be up for next two to three weeks.

I have some folks showing interest in my Oppo 105D and would rather have that sold, if Alto can play back pure audio Blu Ray Disc.

Cheers

Raj

Not sure what you mean by "pure audio BR disc," but if you are referring to the HD codecs (Dolby TrueHD, and DTS-MA), the Alto's Player utilizes the same M-Class architecture found in all M-Series K Players, meaning you can "bitstream" those codecs to your Prepro or Receiver for decoding (the Player does not decode the HD codecs internally, must be decoded in the Prepro or Receiver).

You can of course use the Player's decoder's, but that limits you to 5.1 "core" Dolby and DTS.

Jim

Thanks

Jim

Thanks for your response. My question was not about codecs. I have quite a few blu ray discs recorded with just audio and no video. I am attaching link to these kind of discs. I want to see if Alto can play back these.

http://www.pureaudio-bluray.com

Cheers

Raj

Ahh! got it Raj, not sure how I missed that, sorry! Hopefully someone that has played with those discs in a K can answer, but I have not.

Jim

I have a number of audio-only BR's and they play just fine in my M-series players.

John

Alto is a movie only system. It cannot play music discs of any type. So if your Blu-ray discs have been created in a format that mimics a movie disc, then Alto can play them. But if they have been burned as strictly an audio disc then Alto will not be able to play them.

The audio-only BR mimic a BR movie disc. I could not play them on my 1st generation Cinema One (which would play CD's and DVD's but not BR's).

One reason I still have my Oppo is to play SACD's and DVD-Audio discs.

John

Back