• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Help in setting up 2nd Strato

seaninde

Hi,
I just purchased a Strato 10TB here off the forum. I hooked up the ethernet, plugged it in and turned it on by pushing front panel button.
When I went into the browser interface I went under Components and then Add Component.
It listed the new 10TB server and I clicked OK to add.

When I go back to the components screen at the top it now says 2 Movie Players with storage, but how do I see the other Strato? It just shows my original 6TB Strato.

Thanks
Sean

1688599349799.png

Ok I figured it out. I am not using it as a player just storage, so I put it in the rack and just hooked it up to network, but because I couldn't see the on-screen interface since no display was connected to it I couldn't see it needed activation.
I hooked it up to a computer monitor and then saw all the settings and activated it. It then did an update Now it shows in the Browser interface.

Hm. If you added it to your existing system, it should not have needed activation. That's a bit strange. I'm glad that you got it working, though!

Hm. If you added it to your existing system, it should not have needed activation. That's a bit strange. I'm glad that you got it working, though!
Actually you are right. I think what did it is when I switched it from Static to DHCP, then it connected to the internet and it got an update and then automatically added to my account. I saw a yellow warning in the activation choice initially but I think it was just because it couldn’t connect to the internet and when it did it did everything by itself.
Sean

All Kaleidescape devices in a group (or "System") must be running the exact same version of kOS (right down to the build number). The version of kOS that was installed on the new Strato you received was almost certainly older than that what was running on your existing Strato. So when you added it to your existing system, the first thing new Strato had to do was download the updated kOS package, extract it into the proper location, and apply the upgrade (which requires a reboot). Until that happens, it's not permitted to completely join the system you're grouping it with.

What you saw on the browser interface that's posted in your screenshot above is what you will see when there is a component in the system that is still in the process of upgrading its kOS version to match the rest of the system. In that situation, the best course of action is to just wait. Once the new component has the new version of kOS unpacked it will automatically reboot itself and, once it's back up, if you refresh the browser interface Components page, it will update to show the second component.

All Kaleidescape devices in a group (or "System") must be running the exact same version of kOS (right down to the build number). The version of kOS that was installed on the new Strato you received was almost certainly older than that what was running on your existing Strato. So when you added it to your existing system, the first thing new Strato had to do was download the updated kOS package, extract it into the proper location, and apply the upgrade (which requires a reboot). Until that happens, it's not permitted to completely join the system you're grouping it with.

What you saw on the browser interface that's posted in your screenshot above is what you will see when there is a component in the system that is still in the process of upgrading its kOS version to match the rest of the system. In that situation, the best course of action is to just wait. Once the new component has the new version of kOS unpacked it will automatically reboot itself and, once it's back up, if you refresh the browser interface Components page, it will update to show the second component.
Ok, yeah that's exactly what happened, but I couldn't see it was happening because the Strato was not hooked up to a display. When I hooked it up to a monitor, I saw it was set to Static IP and had no internet connection. Then I switched it to DHCP, then it connected to Internet and then started to update, then reboot, and added it to my account. Had no idea that is how it worked when adding a new component.
Thanks for the info!

Back