• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

HDR, Wide Color

Mr.Poindexter

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Is there any way to find out if the 4k content on the store has the wider color gamut and HDR? I wanted use some of the content to compare displays as I have to upgrade TVs in the house now.

Good question! I notice on Vudu the UHD titles are labeled "UHD" and "UHD with HDR". Looks like this is all on Warner Bros. movies. It would be nice if the K store would also do something like this.

John

We do not have any HDR content in the Movie Store yet. That's expected to arrive later this year. The wide color gamut is an aspect of HDR. We do plan to have some clear indication of which content has HDR. Details to follow on that one!

However, I believe that most if not all all of the 4K Ultra HD content on the Movie Store today is mastered with 10-bit color (a.k.a. "Deep Color"). That doesn't produce a wider gamut, but it does allow for finer color gradations when viewed with a Deep Color-compatible display.

The new HDMI Capabilities Tool in the Browser Interface should show you whether your display supports Deep Color, and if you're playing content, it will also show whether the content has Deep Color, and whether the player is sending Deep Color information to the display.

Thanks for sharing that Mike.

Jim

Back