• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

HDR movies not showing up

Ironman1718

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Hello,
Wasn’t sure where to post this question. Admin, please feel free to move to the approiate location if needed.

I’m not sure if this is a Kscape issue or not. My HDR movies keep disappearing from viewing on screen or the second screen app. Also, when i open the second screen app it’s not finding both Strato c’s. anyone have these issues? I’ve tried switching HDMI cables, same issue.

my system:
Trinnov ALT 32
Kscape 72TB with 2 Strato c’s (HT & family room)
Madvr Extreme 2
JVC NZ9
Tributaires HDMI 48 cables

If HDR movies disappear, but other movies are still in the list, it's an HDMI issue. The Strato C thinks the display device it's connected to doesn't support 4K HDR.

If you're having issues connecting to your Strato C's, make sure they have a fixed IP. I use DHCP reservations in my router, but it's also not uncommon to just put a fixed IP address in your Strato itself. All your components should have a fixed IP.

I was recently informed by K Support that a Strato C needs to be awake and sending an HDMI signal for all 4K HDR movies to display in the Second Screen app. I was also told that there’s no way to control the Strato C going to sleep. The first thing to try is to activate the Strato(s) to display onscreen(s) and see if all the movies show up In the Second Screen app. That worked for me.

Based upon other comments, I believe this issue comes into play with larger collections. I recently added a 72 TB Terra which is when it first happened to me. I have my K connected to Control4, so I plan to make a shortcut to send a “Menu” command to the K to wake up the Strato C without having to activate my whole system.

Regarding seeing issues directly on the K, I concur with other users that its likely HDMI related.

Thanks for the responses. I’ve tried multiple HDMI cables with the same results. I will look the control4 wake on shortcut to see if that works. Also will try SimonSays suggestions as well.

I think it’s a MadVR issue. I have a meeting with them Monday morning to discuss. My family room Strato C shows all of my 545 movies HDR, HD, etc..but my HT room Strato c is hit or miss. When i see that the second screen app only shows 162 movies. I know i have a problem.

Again, thank you for the suggestions.

Thanks for the responses. I’ve tried multiple HDMI cables with the same results. I will look the control4 wake on shortcut to see if that works. Also will try SimonSays suggestions as well.

I think it’s a MadVR issue. I have a meeting with them Monday morning to discuss. My family room Strato C shows all of my 545 movies HDR, HD, etc..but my HT room Strato c is hit or miss. When i see that the second screen app only shows 162 movies. I know i have a problem.

Again, thank you for the suggestions.
I had this issue with my MadVR as well. Make sure your MadVR is fully booted before KS- I also had an issue with AppleTV not coming on after switching in Savant from KS to ATV- If I remember correctly, the MadVR had to be fully booted up before the ATV. Savant was reprogrammed to fully boot everything, switch all to ATV but I manually hit "menu" or any other thing to wake up ATV. Since doing that, zero issues. That was a huge pain in the butt to figure out- especially when it didn't happen all the time.

Thanks Pelucidar… I will make sure the MADVR is fully booted before the Kscape is on. It will be awhile before i can test as we are moving and the new HT won’t be ready for 8 months.

Back