• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

HDR/Mission Impossible Slight Delay/Lip Sync Lag

gregams

I wasn't sure if anyone had a chance to watch Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning on the Kaleidescape yet. I watched a few scenes yesterday in advance of having people over this Saturday to watch and noticed at least the HDR version has some dialog portions where there is a bit of a lag/lip sync delay. In a single scene there are cases where one actor's dialogues vocals and visuals exactly match and the other actor has varying levels of voice/visual matching. Wasn't sure if anyone else had a similar experience? This was played back in my home theater and when playing other HDR content there is no issue whatsoever (played clips of 8-9 movies)

I played the UHD version in the family room and that also has no delay. Was just trying to see fi anyone else had or has a similar experience with this specific ovie or any others. I wouldn't want to keep tweaking the delay on my audio processor since it is fully matching on virtually all other UHD and HDR content. Any advice or experience much appreciated.

Can't say that I noticed but I really enjoyed the movie and perhaps got lost in it. I do tend to notice that stuff because it particularly distracts me for some reason.

On the moive, hats off to Tom C - with Top Gun M and now this, he certainly delivers and in some style. Hope the show goes well at the weekend. Something always goes wrong whenever we plan those things. Vital bit of kit, power cut or something so have a candle matches and a pack of cards ready just in case. :)

Back