• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Harry Potter in 4K

RAV

I am a little surprised that the last four Harry Potter movies are not available in 4K HDR from Kaleidescape. They were released in March by Warner Brothers.

On the other hand, Fantastic Beasts (also by Warners Brothers) is available - and it looks and sounds great!

This is not K's fault. Checked VUDU as well, they are not available there either. All the other UHD/HDR WB movies that the store has are also available in VUDU, so I guess that WB released the Harry Potter movies only in physical media(at least for the time being).

I was also looking forward to these...I ended up buying from Amazon.

Im always fascinated how various interests can cause seemingly weird or not logical results. Hopefully they will be available soon.

This is not K's fault. Checked VUDU as well, they are not available there either. All the other UHD/HDR WB movies that the store has are also available in VUDU, so I guess that WB released the Harry Potter movies only in physical media(at least for the time being).

I was also looking forward to these...I ended up buying from Amazon.

That is a helpful observation - thanks! Guess I won't wait any longer for them to be available on Kaleidescape (and will purchase physical media).

I created Collections in Kaleidescape for 3D Disc and 4K Disc to mark movies in Kaleidescape for which I would still use my external Blu-ray player.

One thing I noticed about these titles is that they are the first UHD titles by Warner Bros. offered with DTS:X sound. I wonder if this means a new flow for both Vudu and K to handle.

John

Also just added to Vudu in UHD today

I did a search for these and I did find seven of them listed but I can’t purchase any in UHD. On some of them it states “Own on Nov. 14th” so we will see tomorrow.

John

I did a search for these and I did find seven of them listed but I can’t purchase any in UHD. On some of them it states “Own on Nov. 14th” so we will see tomorrow.

John

John

All 8 are available for purchase this morning in UHD

Thanks. Now let’s hope they show up in the K store too.

John

And DTS:X! Way to go K!

This was my main concern. Looks like K took the extra time to get the DTS:X flow worked out before releasing. I like that they did this.

John

Back