• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

FOR SALE: Hard drive set - 14 x 3TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Poindexter

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I am looking to upgrade my drive set from my server. My current drives are under warranty until May 6th, 2014.

It will take approx. 36 days to free up my old drives through replication. I am looking to pre-sell them so that when the process is completed, I can ship them off to their new owner.

I have a second 3U chassis and am willing to work with the new owner to replicate his content off his old drive set if that is needed.

Asking $11,200 for the set of 14 x 3TB drives.

If the full set of drives are placed in a different server the drives do not require re-initialising. To use the drives individually they will require to be re-initialised.

That's correct, but keep in mind the receiving Server must not contain any other drives.

(I realize the post mentions 14 drives, so obviously any receiving 3U would need to be empty.)

Jim

If you decide to split I would take 4 or 8 drives as I have 3 X 1U chassis. One chassis already has newer drives with 12TB free so I could replicate all the old drives (1TB) and then install the new. This would mean your drives would have to be re-validated as single drives by K-Scape. Let me know if this option works for you in the future if no interest in the full set.

Hi,

I would be also interested in 4 drives, if you split them up and ship them to Germany.

What is the procedure to make them work in my system? Do I have to get them to my dealer to reinitialize?

Kind regards

Dirk

Sorry for the absence. I was out of the country and didn't get the replication started before I left. The drives are replicating and will be available in approximately 4 weeks. Still no buyer for the entire set. If when the set becomes available I do not have a buyer for the complete array, I will have the set reinitialized and part them out.

Hi Mike, what's the current status?

Jim

According to the replication manager, I have 8 days left to complete the content transfer over to my new server array.

I don't yet have a buyer for the entire set (14 x 3TB drives). If I do not have a buyer for the set by the time I am finished with replication, I will have the drives reinitialized and part them out individually.

$800/each for the full set or $850/each for individual drives.

They are. They are being sent to Kaleidescape so that I can part them out individually. If you want the full set, you would need to reach me before Monday.

$850 per drive, or the entire set of 14 for $800 each ($11,200).

Will ship worldwide. Free shipping for buyers in the USA.

These drives are still for sale. They have been reinitialized and still have some warranty left on them.

I would like to get them moved out. These are 3TB drives.

$800 per drive. First come, first served.

As another seller has reduced their price on the 3TB drives, I am also dropping my price.

$775 each.

Wife is asking me if I have sold these drives yet. I have not.

I suspect that was an indirect hint to get them moved out the front room. That makes me a motivated seller.

14 drives total, 3TB each. Ready to add to any existing 1U or 3U server. Still under warranty. I will part them out if you want fewer drives.

Make offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back