• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Hunter67

According to Blu-Ray.com it shows Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 will be multiple aspect ratio, wonder if we'll get the same?

1687546713996.png

Agreed but I just mask at 2.40:1 and no one’s the wiser.
That's what I do, but it's just an extra step that sometimes you don't realize you're going to have to take until 20 minutes into a movie.

The fact that these VAR all screen in scope when they play in non-IMAX theaters tells me that there's nothing of value in the extra pixels they throw at you now and then. Directors should just make up their minds.

I watched this last night and it switches often between 2.40:1 and 1.85:1. I prefer a fixed aspect ratio, but did enjoy the movie.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoyed it, but will have to rewatch, I was dozing during the second half because I was beat, not because it was bad. Looked and sounded great masked off to 2.40:1. Much better mix and visuals than Quantumania had.

Picture quality is not as good as Galaxy 2!!
Is it just me/my setup or do others agree?
Hoping for Kaleidescape to step in and push an update with better PQ down the road.

Hoping for Kaleidescape to step in and push an update with better PQ down the road.
Seems to be a general consensus around some internet sites. Think the comments centre on "not as dynamic"?

I absolutely agree about picture quality not on par with last 2 movies. I wasn't expecting much from sound considering this is a Disney/Marvel mix but i am hugely disappointed by PQ of the movie. Maybe its intentional but that is not what i was expecting.

I absolutely agree about picture quality not on par with last 2 movies. I wasn't expecting much from sound considering this is a Disney/Marvel mix but i am hugely disappointed by PQ of the movie. Maybe its intentional but that is not what i was expecting.
After watching the movie I was very confused about the picture quality and blaming my setup for the dismal quality.
So I watched Galaxy 2 scene 'Zandoo's Funeral' last chapter and that was beautiful confirming PQ of Galaxy 3 sucks.

Was surprised how well the audio was for a Disney mix. Like Black Panther 2, my projector wasn't playing as nice with the HDR here, but I downloaded the UHD option and was happy with it. Might be something worth checking out for some of you that aren't as happy, though I don't expect it to pop like part 2 did as I think it's more of a directorial decision for a darker themed movie.

I watched this last night and it switches often between 2.40:1 and 1.85:1. I prefer a fixed aspect ratio, but did enjoy the movie.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is it most percentage of movie 2.35 or 1.85? I am trying to buy movies above 2 aspect ratio. May be Lumagen can help to set to 2.40 once.

I am assuming Kscape shows the aspect ratio number in the info popup as lowest one for VAR movies. I wish they can provide more details.

That's right. It's intended to ensure that nothing is cropped. I agree that having more information about multi-aspect movies would be useful, especially for folks with 2.40 screens.

You can have your Lumagen keep variable aspect ratio movies fixed at one aspect ratio. I have 2.35 screen with a Lumagen and watched Guardians 3 last night and the aspect ratio didn’t change.

The picture does flicker when the aspect ratio is suppose to change, but the ratio will not change. My wife doesn’t notice this flicker, but I do. It is still less annoying and better than the variable aspect ratio on a scope screen.

You can have your Lumagen keep variable aspect ratio movies fixed at one aspect ratio. I have 2.35 screen with a Lumagen and watched Guardians 3 last night and the aspect ratio didn’t change.

The picture does flicker when the aspect ratio is suppose to change, but the ratio will not change. My wife doesn’t notice this flicker, but I do. It is still less annoying and better than the variable aspect ratio on a scope screen.
If it flickered it is because you are using NLS and not aspect lock. For these movies you should be locking the aspect, not using NLS. It will crop to the theatrical aspect and no flicker.

Back