• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Godzilla - Minus One

SimonSays

For the fans of Godzilla, it might be worth looking into the new release of Godzilla - Minus One, from Japan.
Even though it was made on a relatively low budget ($15M compared to $150M for the last American Godzilla movie), the visual effects seem to be pretty amazing.

Set in Japan a few weeks after the end of WW II and the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Hope to see it on K soon!

For the fans of Godzilla, it might be worth looking into the new release of Godzilla - Minus One, from Japan.
Even though it was made on a relatively low budget ($15M compared to $150M for the last American Godzilla movie), the visual effects seem to be pretty amazing.

Set in Japan a few weeks after the end of WW II and the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Hope to see it on K soon!
I saw the trailer the other day. It looks promising indeed. Did you see Shin Godzilla?

I haven't yet. I wonder if it'll come to K
I doubt it. It came out on Blu-ray from FUNimation on 2016. Some of the Toho’s Godzilla films came out from Sony in the US but only a couple of them are on the store.

I am crossing my fingers for The Moon. Well Go USA has the right in the US. Apollo 13 needed a sequel for a long time.

I doubt it. It came out on Blu-ray from FUNimation on 2016. Some of the Toho’s Godzilla films came out from Sony in the US but only a couple of them are on the store.

I am crossing my fingers for The Moon. Well Go USA has the right in the US. Apollo 13 needed a sequel for a long time.

I think your thinking of Shin Godzilla that one came out in 2016.

Keep hearing amazing reviews on this movie!! It would benefit immensely if it were on the platform. Are there movies on Kscape from the distributor Toho? I guess that’ll dictate if this movie releases on Kscape or not…

Keep hearing amazing reviews on this movie!! It would benefit immensely if it were on the platform. Are there movies on Kscape from the distributor Toho? I guess that’ll dictate if this movie releases on Kscape or not…
Might be worth an email to movies@kaleidescape.com
That way, the movie content team can look into it, and maybe start talking to that company to onboard their movies.

I wrote to Movies@ about the Godzilla Minus One.

"Thank you for your Inquiry"

"I do not have specific information about if/when the title may be available. Please keep an eye out on the recently added categories for further details."

I love me some rep blanket statements. We should see how many times out of 10 we get the same copy/pasted answer for other titles.

I love me some rep blanket statements. We should see how many times out of 10 we get the same copy/pasted answer for other titles.
Probably 10/10. Future content acquisition is just not something that we can discuss in greater detail. In the case of movies that we know we're going to get from licensors with which we have agreements in place, there are often contractual requirements that dictate when we can and cannot discuss what's coming. If it involves a studio with which we don't currently have an agreement, then the specifics of any future agreement, or even the fact that we're negotiating an agreement, are confidential.

We have no interest whatsoever in keeping new content a secret. We'll tell you as soon as we possibly can.

"The Moon" continues to elude us. And this reminds me that in Japan, Toho has released in 4K a whole lotta Kurosawa films (including "Seven Samurai," "Yojimbo," "Sanjuro," "High and Low.") But nothing in the US or even Europe. And the Japanese discs do not have English subtitles.

"The Moon" continues to elude us. And this reminds me that in Japan, Toho has released in 4K a whole lotta Kurosawa films (including "Seven Samurai," "Yojimbo," "Sanjuro," "High and Low.") But nothing in the US or even Europe. And the Japanese discs do not have English subtitles.

Yup, they were released last year, also picked up a couple of NHK Taiga drama series, but those are not 4K.

Jim

I would kill to have those Kurosawa titles in 4K with English subtitles! Literally! ;)

I agree, the subtitles would be helpful (or necessary)! I understand about 75% of the dialogue given my limited Japanese (it's been 35 years since I lived there), and the remainder is really just using my memory from other versions I've seen that did have subtitles. I'll certainly re-buy these 4K versions if they release with subtitles at some point.

Jim

I agree, the subtitles would be helpful (or necessary)! I understand about 75% of the dialogue given my limited Japanese (it's been 35 years since I lived there), and the remainder is really just using my memory from other versions I've seen that did have subtitles. I'll certainly re-buy these 4K versions if they release with subtitles at some point.

Jim
I'm so jealous you're able to watch these and understand!!! I'm very familiar with the movies, but not enough to watch the whole thing without the dialogue.

Back