• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

FOR SALE: Full Kaleidescape setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getti

I have two 5U servers fully loaded with hard-drives. I have just over 700 movies already on the two servers and the control panel says I can load another 300 movies. I also have the DVD burner and five players. The system is in perfect condition, but two years old. Software is the latest version upgrades by Kaleidescape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum Getti.

When you mention the "DVD Burner" I think you mean the Kaleidescape Reader.

A few questions that will help the many owners and dealers here.

1) Are you willing to separate the components or do you only wish to sell everything as a bundle?

2) Do you know the disc configurations of the servers? How many of each size hard disks are installed?

3) How much are you asking?

Also - one of the dealers here can tell us for sure, but I believe the drives need to be erased before resale, unless you also have all of the original DVDs that are loaded on the server. Even then, I believe that the servers or drives need to be reset by Kaleidescape before the system can be transferred to a new owner. but again, I'm not entirely sure.

Good luck selling it, there will probably be interest here...

--josh

Indeed, I'm looking for some 1TB drives if you have em (I imagine this older setup has 750 or lower though)

Josh is indeed correct. If the content on your servers is being transferred to the buyer, you MUST provide the actual DVD/CD along with the server. Alternatively, you can delete all content by using the normal two step process (select the movies/music and move to the trash, then select permanently delete to completely remove from the system) before the sale.

If you sell the drives individually, then K needs to wipe the drives, because that disk has already been "associated" with that server. It needs to be put back into a neutral state (for lack of correct terminology) before it can be used in someone else's system.

Please also keep in mind that individual drives (disks) should never be removed from a server, especially if content has already been written to the drive. This is because of the method used to store content and RAID.

Jim

Indeed, I'm looking for some 1TB drives if you have em (I imagine this older setup has 750 or lower though)

He is selling 5U servers so you are correct, there are no 1TB drives for 5U's. The largest drive available for the 5U is the 750 GB, and unfortunately that will not change.

Jim

System SOLD!

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back