• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

French Connection censored

alexbeans

After hearing about Disney censoring some scenes from the French Connection, I went ahead and purchased the digital version from K in HD even though my rule was to only buy UHD.
Unfortunately K’s version was also censored. This sucks. After-market price for the Bluray is so expensive and I never bought the physical disc.
Any hope we will have an uncensored version?

After hearing about Disney censoring some scenes from the French Connection, I went ahead and purchased the digital version from K in HD even though my rule was to only buy UHD.
Unfortunately K’s version was also censored. This sucks. After-market price for the Bluray is so expensive and I never bought the physical disc.
Any hope we will have an uncensored version?
Ok. I just watched the uncut version online. It was just a 6 second cut where Gene Hackman made a racist slur. It’s a product of its time and I don’t see why they had to cut that scene out. I’m all about preserving movies. I’m Chinese American and I’m ok with keeping movies like Breakfast at Tiffany’s despite the cringe worthy scene with Mick Rooney as a Japanese man.

Disney does that. They acquire other studios and then censor scenes/dialogs which doesn’t fit to their standards in those catalogs. Their standards change every decade so the censored movies get re-censored again. Their own productions from the 90s like the Lion King and Aladdin have different dialog and minor alterations now. Productions from Pixar and Miramax acquisitions like Toy Story and Scream have scenes and extras cut out. The Song of the South and many other early Disney productions are forever shelved because they are not politically correct anymore. You will need to track down VHS or Laserdisc releases before such censorship or import non-US releases where the property/distribution rights are owned by other studios.

Then it joins the ranks of titles from PBS where in for example in one of the episode of Vienna Blood part of the picture is pixilated, the original TV shown version aired on mainstream UK TV was un-edited (it was only a brief glimpse of bare buttocks!!!!!!

Anyone have this before it was censored? I"m wondering if if previous purchases were forced to get the censored version.

You never have to update (unless you leave auto-update turned on,) but it would mean you'd never get any later improvements (it's all or nothing.)

Back