• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Freezing Issue

crimedogg

I'm grasping at straws here, but was wondering if anyone else has run into a freezing problem.

I have a 3U server, a 1080p player and a mini player. It is linked to my home network and controlled via Cinetouch on AMX 5200i's. Once every 2 or 3 weeks, an issue will occur in which I can't control Kaleidescape with any touch panel. Everything else in my system works perfectly, including all 4 hd dvr's, the blue ray player and all the music sources. It doesn't matter which controller I try to use or what I try to do, the Kaleidescape will not leave the screen saver. Here is the strange part...I can still control Kaleidescape via My Kaleidescape on both my Macbook and my home pc.

My installer is working with both Cinetouch and Kaleidescape and neither one can figure out the issue. The only way to get the touch panels to control Kaleidescape again is to reset the Netlinx NI3100. After the reset, everything works fine again for another couple 2 or 3 weeks.

Thanks in advance for any input you want to provide.

Has the Netlinx 3100 been checked to insure it is operating properly?

Jim

If everything else in your system works but the K interface I doubt it is the NI3100 but never say never.

Based on your description it sounds like the problem is with the Cinetouch interface and if your installer is already in touch with them then that is your best resource. I have seen events like this occur in the past and with other products and it usually involves a coding issue. The only way to troubleshoot is to get in and dig using AMX diagnostic tools. Some modules do provide an easy way to turn on such functions if they are coded with a debug feature that can be turned on when needed.

If they are using the K provided AMX module there can be a 'button push' that occurs when selecting the K as the source. This performs a refresh to the K player that you intend to use and clears the screen saver. Perhaps this is not being completed for some reason?

We've seen this problem occasionally on AMX systems where the panels are dropping the wifi or zigbee connection, this will seemingly "freeze" the kplayer, have you checked the stability if the connection?

The panel never seems to lose connection. I can still control everything else in my system, but the K is nonresponsive. Cinetouch and K are both monitoring the system, but neither has been able to come up with a solution. Cinetouch says it would be easier to diagnose if everything dropped off and K is confused by the fact that it can still be controlled via a wireless connection from my Macbook. I'm sure someone will come up with something. I love K and wouldn't trade it for anything, even if I have to reset the Netlinx every couple weeks.

Thanks for all the responses.

The panel may be showing connection, and be so, but if it had "dipped" out for a moment this can cause it, try re-booting it (if you havn't already) then see if it connects, if it doesn't, check the remote ID on the K Player, you can't change this unless you are in the installer menu, so unless you have been in there I can't see that happening (your installer should have locked you out...).

Failing that give Kaleidescape a call

Back